• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Writing a Research Paper on "Psychedelic's Theraputic Potential" (CSU Student)

.Felix.

Bluelighter
Writing a Research Paper on "Psychedelic's Theraputic Potential" (CSU Student)

Hello everyone!

I am currently a senior at a CSU studying Psychology. I am writing a research paper on the benefits of using Psychedelic drugs in mental health therapy. I have found some articles but I thought I would come here and ask the people of Bluelight.ru!

I am looking for scholarly articles that focus on:

Potential benefits of LSD in therapy (addiction, near death anxiety, depression, etc.)

Potential Benefits of MDMA (PTSD, Autism, etc.)

Potential Benefits of Psilocybin (addiction, near death anxiety, depression, etc.)

I am also looking for arguments against the use of psychedelics in therapy, and possibly a counter argument to that as well to support my argument. I do not want my paper to be one sided. It must be unbiased. Any articles that discuss the possible health hazards of the drugs posted above would be helpful!

Thank you BLUELIGHTERS!!! You are all amazing. :)

CSU as in California State University? And if so, which one? If you're from the same one I went to in my early 20's, I'll help you out.

Just a tip though: Google doesn't cater to many scholarly articles (that most professors would want). It's best if you researched at the Uni's library or conduct searches through their article database (though they tend to be lacking in that particular field).

Edit: Since you're a Psychology major you should have no problem finding arguments against use in your textbooks, notes, library, etc.

def a breath of fresh air. Psychology undergrads always say they wanna be addictions counselors 8)

CSU as in California State University? And if so, which one? If you're from the same one I went to in my early 20's, I'll help you out.

Just a tip though: Google doesn't cater to many scholarly articles (that most professors would want). It's best if you researched at the Uni's library or conduct searches through their article database (though they tend to be lacking in that particular field).

Edit: Since you're a Psychology major you should have no problem finding arguments against use in your textbooks, notes, library, etc.

Have you ever tried "google Scholar" though?

Have you ever tried "google Scholar" though?

Admittedly, no I haven't. When doing research papers, most professors didn't allow Internet research through Google, Wikipedia, or anything that didn't have .edu or .gov. They only allowed the examples I mentioned earlier, which was stupid because they were sorely lacking in the info I needed or wanted to get.

But certainly, when it comes to academics, there's actually a wealth of information that simply can't be found on Google. These come in the form of notes or unpublished studies done by professors that they give out if you take their courses. Professors with advanced degrees are usually ahead of the game.

I'll go check that out. But yeah, it's been a while since I've had any school-related obligations.

Edit: Hmm, that's very interesting. Thanks for that heads up, now I know what I can spend the next hour experimenting with, lol.

Double edit: Wow, it has what I was talking about too; studies done by real professors, but those that have been published. Thanks x10, this will prove really useful for me in the future.

OP should use this too. You'll most likely find what you need on it.

Last edited:
Yea google scholar is by far the most useful resource when it comes to writing research papers