• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wow sub's are potent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

percojerk

Bluelighter
Wow. Can we just talk about how underestimated the strength of suboxone is!! I ran out of my usual source of percs. Which was a decent habit . 100-150mg daily. I found a sub connection and it's way cheaper . But I also want to be free of being a slave to a substance. Anyway , all i will say is I catch a nod off of about 2 mg of a sub strip. I can take 45mg of perc and not feel the nod. I've been taking the about 2mg of sub for about 2.5-3 weeks now. I want to be off all opiates . I have 1 strip left !! Suggestions and input on how strong subs really are and how it is underestimated !

Surprisingly, I get relief and a nice buzz off of as little as .5mg (1/16th) of a strip. I noticed however, that any dose over 2mg, doesn't affect you any stronger than taking just 2mg, for example, once I took 4mg assuming I would get a better buzz than taking a 2mg piece, but no it felt identical to 2mg

But I also want to be free of being a slave to a substance.

well just make sure you don't end up with a raging sub habit - they wds last farrrrr longer than other opiates (with the exception of methadone).

i'm prescribed 1.8mgs of subutex but i don't take it all cause its too strong-i smoke about .3 of heroin a day but if i can't pick up for one reason or another one 0.4mg tablet of subutex will hold me for around 18 hours. so yeah, they'r rather strong.

with subs, less is more. as opiatekrzy mentioned 2mg is the ceiling for any recreational effects for subutex - i was initially prescribed 8mgs and it felt about same as 2mgs.
diminishing returns...

Last edited:
Yea I was really surprised. I feel like I am already in the danger zone of bad withdrawals taking the 2mg pieces for almost 3 weeks

On average I take about anywhere from 1-2 mg a day, because of financial reasons , I like to snort 1mg in the morning, and 1 in the evening, and if i got enough I'll treat myself midday with 1mg, and I definetly feel physical withdrawl after stopping it completely.
What's funny is these stupid ass suboxone doctors have the nerve to tell me that by me taking only 2mg a day that all the "withdrawls I feel is mental and not physical due to the low dosage, and when a patient is discontinued , 1mg is the lowest dose taken before stopping completely" yeah, I seen a suboxone doctor at my outpatient and explained how much I take, and was not willing to give me it as maintenance for my opiate dependency, and claimed that 1-2mg is mostly psychological...what a dumbass!!

I'm not trying to be the Gestapo here, but this thread really doesn't offer any new or valuable information. OP, whoever said or otherwise implied to you that Buprenorphine is not a powerful Opioid is wrong. Given that analgesic dosages for non-tolerant individuals are fractions of a single milligram, it's actually one of the more potent Opioids available in modern times.

I do however, think that it's great that you've been able to trade your short-acting Opioid habit for the Buprenorphine method. Although you're trading one addiction for another, you'll probably find that long-acting Opioids like Methadone or Buprenorphine are a lot more easily managed, even if you're using them illicitly. You can score once a day and be fine is my point. I'm going to leave this open for now, so OP can get some advice and support from the community, but please, in the future:

Try to bring new information/discussion to the forums and have your post be oriented to be in line with the overarching concept of harm reduction.

My suggestion is that if you're using Buprenorphine "from the street", be aware that you can often get by with disproportionately small doses. I'm really not sure how or why this works, but for some reason, with Buprenorphine, a little can go a long way. This probably isn't going to be so true while you're withdrawing, but down the road, when you're dealing with lighter sickness and PAWS it will be.

No one has ever really listened to me when I say... subs get me high! I am on maintenance too! been on it for 5 years, and have done suboxone(hated the strips, loved the white round "half moon" generics), zubsolv(it was alright...), and currently am on 8mg of subutex a day... do 2mg pieces 4x a day, IV... it is incredibly strong to me.. but I don't and never will I recommend this to anyone, it makes subs about 10x more addicting because of the needle addiction too... but I have had many great experiences sniffing and plugging both suboxone and subutex tablets, subutex I feel is a bit different.. it feels more sedating to me whenever I do it, especially when slammed like always nowadays. I will bang it, then be nodding out almost everytime I take a 2mg shot, no more no less, and then after nodding and staring off into space for about 10 mins, I will just feel great... unexplainably great, its like a stimulating/sedating opioid high of its own, I mean it is a partial agonist opioid, and it is also derived from thebaine, the same thing oxycodone is derived from.. and call me crazy, but a lot of times, I can feel a hint of the feeling I used to get from oxy from subs... I am now a sub IV addict and its a love/hate thing.. lately I have been getting some issues with my veins, probably due to all of the subs I have shot, along with all of the coke, crack, dope, and other pharms I have slammed over the years.. it was bound to happen.. but it kind of just started happening to me, outta nowhere.. my veins just aren't what they used to be.. they still aren't too bad yet though.. knock on wood.. But lemme stress this again, DONT SHOOT SUBS, just don't. Its not worth it in the end, I did it once, and was hooked and couldn't go back to take it any other way.. I started taking it sublingual as most do, then read up on how bad that ROAs BA was.. only like %34 sometimes less or more, and started sniffing it mostly, which I also enjoyed, but plugging was the least harmful and at the same time one of the most effective ways I experienced with different suboxone/subutex ROAs.. It kicks in very fast, similar to IV, without doing any damage to your body! best ROA for subs... but if sublingual works for you, keep taking it that way.. wish I kept using the other ROAs and curiousity never got me to IV them...

Buprenorphine is, IIRC, 30x stronger than morphine.

So yeah, it's a strong drug.

I never got high from subs and I was on three 8 mg subs a day. Not on them anymore but they never got me high. never seen the strips before. Only the sub lingual tablets.

First time I tried subs I dropped 16mg and waited.. Dude I seriously couldn't do a thing but lay down,, everytime I moved I would puke or be on the verge, lol.. Learned my lesson real quick. That was a few years back and now if I come across some I'm only droppin 4mg at a time, that level of nausea was ungodly

^ holy shit man, that would be terrifying.
first time i took them i split a 2mg in half and sniffed one of the half's, i literally went cross-eyed, gouching hard but not in a fun way more delirious.

First time I tried subs I dropped 16mg and waited.. Dude I seriously couldn't do a thing but lay down,, everytime I moved I would puke or be on the verge, lol.. Learned my lesson real quick. That was a few years back and now if I come across some I'm only droppin 4mg at a time, that level of nausea was ungodly
The worst is if you do a fix shortly after popping a sub. INSTANT WITHDRAWAL!! NO amount of dope can reverse it. Just have to wait it out in agony.

I feel like we've ended the life cycle of this thread guys. If anyone disagrees, feel free to send me a PM with your rationale and we can definitely discuss it. The thread never offered any new informtion from the get go, not to mention the fact that it was essentially an advertisement for the recreational use of Buprenorphine. We don't judge recreational drug use, obviously, but Basic Drug Discussion is not the place to post about the drugs that you like or dislike. It's purely about Harm Reduction.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.