• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Would you rather be perscribed 10 mg morphine pills, or 2 mg hydromorphone pills?

Never taken hydromorphone so I will not address that part but will say that I 100% agree with:
it just makes me angry that they'll throw up to 60 mg of Dexedrine or Adderall per day at a 13 year old, but the apprehension to prescribe somebody 10 mg or more of a real painkiller, for real pain, is something that they are super sketch about. I don't think there's any statistics out there that exist outlining how many kids who get prescribed ADHD medication become meth addicts later, but I guarantee the number is high. Higher than they would even imagine, but that's another conversation for another thread. All drugs should be legal, the solution is education, not prohibition.

snort the dil
I'm just going to voice my skepticism that if extracting the Hydromorphone from the dilleys and plugging didn't produce a reliable effect, I really don't see how snorting it possibly could. But for science, I COULD try it, if I muscle up the gall to ruin my nose for a few days.

We'll see how desperate I get I guess.

I'm just going to voice my skepticism that if extracting the Hydromorphone from the dilleys and plugging didn't produce a reliable effect, I really don't see how snorting it possibly could. But for science, I COULD try it, if I muscle up the gall to ruin my nose for a few days.

We'll see how desperate I get I guess.
if all else fails, you can get 120% bioavailability if you dissolve the pill, and shoot it up your pee hole

Recently came across 10 mg OxyForms or some shit, had 2 pills in my possession and decided to throw them in the bin. Looked way too dodgy.

Why would Oxy come in half brown half green gel coated pill form?

Recently came across 10 mg OxyForms or some shit, had 2 pills in my possession and decided to throw them in the bin. Looked way too dodgy.

Why would Oxy come in half brown half green gel coated pill form?
Pharma drugs come in all shapes, sizes and colors my friend. Don't judge a pill by what's on the outside, judge it by how it makes you feel after you shoot it up your P-Hole ala @polarthedog

there was a study here that seemed to show that hydromorphone substitutes for heroin but is 2x as potent

so on paper because heroin is 2x morphine, hydromorphone would be 4x morphine in potency

hydromorphone has 30–35% BA by mouth
morphine has 20–40% BA by mouth

so on paper 2.5mg hydromorphone is the equivalent of 10mg morphine

there was a study here that seemed to show that hydromorphone substitutes for heroin but is 2x as potent

so on paper because heroin is 2x morphine, hydromorphone would be 4x morphine in potency

hydromorphone has 30–35% BA by mouth
morphine has 20–40% BA by mouth

so on paper 2.5mg hydromorphone is the equivalent of 10mg morphine
Hi. Glad to see you posting again. How are you feeling? Last time I saw a post of yours it would seem you were quite ill. Have you recovered?

While I have you....why do pharmaceuticals ( in pill form ) like dilaudid and morphine have such low oral BA ? Seems to me by making the oral doses so low that people would be more inclined to abuse them through IV.

Shouldn't those 2 drugs have just been kept for hospital use through IV instead of making a crappy oral formulation?

While I have you....why do pharmaceuticals ( in pill form ) like dilaudid and morphine have such low oral BA ?
quite a lot of pharmaceuticals have good BA. dilaudid and morphine have low oral BA because they are less lipophilic and more polar than something like oxycodone (the phenolic OH is killer)
still they have "good enough" BA so giving them orally is still effective. and not everyone will abuse them either.