• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Would you make this trade?

Actually this is a myth (to a degree). I have ADHD, and when I take adderall, I feel a relaxed but focused sensation. At higher does though, anyone with dopamine receptors will get high from it. I've done enough legal speed to completely tweak before.

Yeah I would keep the diazepam but that's cos I like the stuff. Xanax used to make me anxious as a MF, but this was before i had an anxiety issue. I understand the analogy that therapeutic doses of amp allow me to focus and calms me down (adult ADD) and before i had anxiety related to PTSD drugs used to control anxiety used to make me anxious at therapeutic doses. Above those doses then yes i would tweak hard like anyone else.

I would like to expand on this a little. There is only one benzo I feel a high from, and that is temazepam, but only when I exceed my dose that I use for sleeping which is 30mgs. I have panic disorder and ocd. Those are my anxiety disorders. Xanax doesn't get me high at a therapeutic dose. All it does is draw me out of a panic attack and allow me to focus on fighting it without it escalating. I guess the high for that is the relief that I feel. My mood does change as in my normal baseline state which is worried or anxious becomes a bit more relaxed, which I guess you can attribute to a "high" but the problem is I needed to take more and more to get back to that same relaxed feeling. As my body became adjusted to the dose I was taking, I ended up feeling more anxiety because my mind was telling me "hey I need this drug!". I didn't have this nearly as much with clonazepam, however with lorazepam I experience these symptoms quicker. That is why I tapered off the xanax. I still keep them around for emergencies (which do happen with panic disorder) but I know now that I cannot treat the OCD with it. Xanax is a substance that when combined with OCD will cause your mind to play tricks on you to find that comfort and you become increasingly aware of the obsessions you have and the compulsions become worse. It is as if your mind is magnifying the compulsions you have just to get the drug.

I'm not sure that Xanax would be a proper drug for treating GAD either. I think that your anxiety would be much higher after it wears off, thus escalating your use of the substance. Diazepam and clonazepam due to the long half lifes might be a better bet.

As a side note I wish someone would figure out how OCD in the mind works. There is obviously some difference in the way my brain works as opposed to someone without this diagnosis. Benzos don't work, CBT works a little, immersion therapy is extremely scary and tends to cause people with OCD to become worse in the long wrong (desensitized my ass!). Most psych meds either exacerbate the symptoms, or make them feel different. When I was taking abilify, lexapro and effexor it made my compulsions manifest as distinct ticks in my movement and my face, or I would brown out and lose focus and then I couldn't complete the compulsion to get relief from the obsessive thought...I would focus on the tick more because I thought I looked crazy. I dunno, I just hope some new therapy or medication comes along that targets those centers of the brain without intense side effects.

Last edited:
I disagree that people who have anxiety don't "get high" off benzodiazepines. It actually seems to me like the opposite; people without any anxiety take benzodiazepines, thinking "hey this is a drug, it'll get me high!", but don't "feel anything", so they feel the need to dose higher and higher, until eventually they end up blacking out and doing some really stupid shit.

I hesitate to classify myself as having anxiety, because I think that the condition of "anxiety" is extremely vague & every person on the planet just about will experience anxiety as a natural part of life at some point or another, but I've been diagnosed with anxiety disorders on a few separate occasions, the first time was before I even started abusing drugs. And, while again I don't think that benzodiazepines really make me "get high", they are still...enjoyable. I've known people with ADHD diagnoses who enjoy shooting methamphetamine too, so...

I have to double post and quote this. Yeah anxiety has become a vague description for pretty much any existential turmoil. There are true anxiety diagnosis' but big pharma has made sure that benzos are tossed around like candy. I think because they have put so much "research" into benzos in the states that some other therapies and medications that could target specific disorders have been left by the wayside.

Most people that say they have anxiety do not know how bad it can be. The best way I can describe panic disorder is that a mundane situation arises and for some reason your fight, flight, or freeze response is triggered whereas someone without this diagnosis would just see the situation as it is. It causes the sufferer to abandon activities, jobs, friends etc. I haven't left my house other than to garden in a week because I am terrified of something going wrong. I mean absolutely terrified. This isn't rare for your fear response to be triggered...it happens constantly.

GAD sufferers aren't just high strung. They truly experience things from a much different baseline than someone without the diagnosis. You are literally worried constantly with no relief. I am not talking about things like being 5 minutes late to work, or a girl rejecting you. I mean things like making breakfast, looking in the mirror, working a job, or if people are talking about you. You worry enough to be hyper vigilant.

Anxiety is a normal feeling, most folks can feel it, overcome it, and move on from it. People with anxiety disorders get mired in the feeling and cannot.

Last edited:
I have been on 4mg of alprazolam for over a decade and if I dont take it as prescribed, within 10-12 hours of not taking it, I get the shakes and shiivers and feel afraid to walk to my mailbox. The worst part of it is I feel like i cant breath, i cant take a deep breath. With that said, when I do take it after missing a dose, I do get a euphoric feeling for about 45 minutes, i dont think it would be considered a HIGH though, I think, just for me IMHO its simply the relief of the panic being extinguished.

I can't understand why more people aren't utilising the drug Sertraline. *If you truly have anxiety/panic disorder, as manboychef describes it, then you may want to try this drug it's specifically designed for it including PTSD. I am a PTSD sufferer, anxiety/panic disorder fuck up and Sertraline seriously quelled the horror that is panic attack and extreme anxiety, right down to the point that at my most stressed I'll get out some tears nothing more. Huh, it's funny, I used to get angry when faced with fear, after the eventsthat left me with PTSD and panic disorder I no longer get angry when faced with fear I actually get scared. If you grew up doing the things I was doing in my crazy days alongside some really serious people and you got scared and shied away you would have got eaten alive lol plenty of you know what I'm talking about and the rest can imagine. It's actually worrying to me now just to think about it. But my point is Sertraline has me covered 24/7 any benzos one might acquire can be used for added bonus/recreation depending on your needs BUT you need not be addicted to them if Sertraline works for you.

*Apologies to those with a genuine panic/anxiety disorder where Sertraline has failed to help. It is just so easy on me, it does it's job and is unnoticeable in any other way. That wretched knot that you get in your stomach that can stop you from eating for days, the knot that forms as soon as a negative thought pops into your mind, well that knot is GONE. That's what this drug does for me, I can think a negative thought but that thought no longer manifests itself physically by way of that knot and profuse sweating all the way to panic attack and mental break down GAME OVER foetal position rocking in the corner shit. I never believed it existed until it happened to me.

I take sertraline as well. It is extremely helpful. If you do have panic disorder, GAD, PTSD, OCD or any other spectrum of anxiety it is a godsend. It makes me feel like my baseline is more normal as opposed to high alert mode all the time.

^Exactly! Nice explanation man. Permission to steal it for taxi cab conversation or the like Sir?

Oh man.
You mentioned Lexapro, and made me think about when I got it Rx'd to me.
It was honestly one of the worst things I have done in my life.
I was Rx'd 10mg once daily, or 2x as needed. I was mostly taking it just once a day (sometimes 2x a day).

I knew very little about it. So after just a couple months, I decided to stop taking it completely. Then I wasn't feeling right.
I had no idea I was in actual Withdrawal, until I did research.
After doing research, I came across plenty of articles and reviews from other patients stating that this drug comes with horrible side effects and withdrawal.
My head felt 'foggy' and it felt like there was an earthquake inside my head. Exactly as mentioned, I was having those HORRIBLE 'brain zaps'.
It was disgusting. I cant believe it was that severe after just 2 to 3 months on the drug. Bless the people who have been using it for years, it'll be a very tough ride to get off of it.
After the bad experience, I'm NEVER touching an SSRI again.

OT, my friend who wanted to do the trade for my Diazepam got upset after I declined the trade, lol.
He REALLY likes Diazepam, just like I do. :)

He has a good amount of benzos, he has over 200 footballs (1mg Alprazolam) and over 150 1mg Clonazepam.
I have a feeling he's going to raise his offer to get my Diazepam, I'll keep you guys informed ;)

Hey if the deal proves just too good to pass up because they want your meds more than you want his then no harm in taking it. I assume you can get Diaz whereas they can't. For me it was sertraline or suicide and for the sake of my wife and son I chose a class of drugs I have always warned others about, funny how things turn out sometimes.

I would.

Simply because you would be getting way stronger stuff.

If you have no benzo tolerance valium is good in small doses but I am not even going to say how much valium I would take given the bottle.

Still its a no brainer, I don't even have to look at a benzo conversion chart to know which is stronger.

^^^ Eh, everyone reacts different with substances. Everyone has a different body chemistry.
I've met people who get high as a kite on diazepam and not even feel alprazolam.
Vise versa, I've met people who get high as a kite on alprazolam and not feel diazepam.

It's also personal preference. Some like one than the other, others don't.

Just like you and me, you like alprazolam better than diazepam, while I like diazepam better than alprazolam.

Anyways, I'm a REALLY happy man today. The guy wanted Valium so bad, he gave me a whopping deal.

He gave me 60 1mg Clonazepam for 55 of my 5mg Diazepam. WOOHOO! Now that's a fucking deal. SO happy I didn't make the first trade. I got to keep my 10s, AND get a bunch of Clonazepam, I have 110 1mg Clonazepams now, SCORE!

Here's how my benzo stash looks like now,

Clonazepam 1mg (110)
Diazepam 10mg (82)
Diazepam 5mg (47)
Lorazepam 1mg (39)
Alprazolam 0.5mg (32)

WOW, now that's a fucking stash. They're gong to last me forever, esp since I only use them 3-4x a month. That's a total of 310 pills!
Loveeeee it!

cheers Bluelighters!

^nice one man. Love a good screw down deal - the Scotsman in me is so proud of you.

^ yes sir, I absolutely did get the better trade.

10mg Diazepam = .5mg Clonazepam (according to most benzo equivalent dose charts)

So I basically got 1,200mg worth of Diazepam for 275mg of Diazepam, Amazing right?

I take sertraline as well. It is extremely helpful. If you do have panic disorder, GAD, PTSD, OCD or any other spectrum of anxiety it is a godsend. It makes me feel like my baseline is more normal as opposed to high alert mode all the time.

quoted for truth. i suffer panic attacks also and sertraline brought me back from the brink.