• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Would you make this trade?

@dopamimetic....do you think tiagabine would be a decent substitute for panic disorder? I really don't want to keep relying on the xanax and have tapered off, but I am seriously on edge all the time and worried about panic attacks.

It's certainly worth a try if you can manage to get it prescribed. It's a quite effective anxiolytic and there's evidence that the GABA reuptake inhibitors are much less prone to tolerance / withdrawal than the benzodiazepines - to be exact, in the studies they were found to be non-addictive. I didn't believe in this at first, but after reading up about another compound called deramciclane where the same is being said, it might well be true.

Can't really compare to pregabalin etc. but it's at least equal. Maybe some prefer the one, some the other. Just the dosage needs to be high enough and might differ greatly between individuals, I felt some effect starting at 5mg and definite anxiolysis with 10mg. Others get relief with as less as 2-3mg. It potentiates other GABAergics (obviously), so take care.