• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Would you like to have a BL Art Forum?

Who would be intrested in an Arts Forum here on BL?

• I support an Arts forum and would post in it

Votes: 85 57.4%
  • I support it but wouldn't post myself

Votes: 29 19.6%
  • I support it but don't think there's enough demand

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • I don't support it

Votes: 17 11.5%

• Total voters
change3wj8.jpg

Last edited:
chrissie said:
Unfortunately the art discussion portion of the forum slowly started to die. I don't see why that discussion can't continue to grow in SO and then see where it takes us.

theres no way it moved any slower than the words forum...?

i would love it if there were a arts forum on bluelight. and that one that apparently used to be around, called "visual and performing arts" actually sounds really awesome to me :\

so is the idea to leave the current film & television forum and open a new art forum?

also, is the idea of that forum to make it in the style of words, where people get a chance to start threads showcasing their works, or would it also include reviews and discussion about exhibitions, and performing arts shows that people seen? cos i'd personally like it if that was included as part of the forum too, hence making it sort of a cross between the way f &t and words operate.

of course man! ALL art welcome. if you wanna show off your painting, or discss da vinci's paintings, its all good. A thread for paintings done by BL artists, one for ideas/sketches, one for drawings, one for pen and ink, one for digital art, one for sculpting, and on and on. And you can also discuss Picasso or fuckin the Impressionist movement, or TATTOO art, or COMIC art, or whatever the fuck you feel like. Its all good. ....well that is, its all good in the nonexistent Art forum that i imagine.

If anything, don't expect anything to happen any time soon in relation to creating this Art forum. There is simply too much happening right now for the crew to incorporate one.
I suggest creating and bringing in interest and contributions to the kind of threads that'd be best suited for such a forum here in SO (mods permitting).
That way, when the time comes and the resources are free to maybe do something about it, you will have many examples as to why you believe such a forum will generate traffic and demand.
godspeed bluelight arteests

this talk of hating and fearing change is just silly. we're simply having a discussion - having a difference of opinion is neither hating nor fearing change.

to those who propose or support such a forum i would say, given that such a forum eventually failed (for want of a better word) first time round, what's so different now that it will succeed this time round?

alasdair

We already have an Arts and Entertainment category, why not just add a visual arts category there? Music, Film, and Literature are already represented there - and the gallery is so fubar that there it is more a hassle than a pleasure to work with. I think the static visual arts deserve their own place for DISCUSSION instead of just a show-off page.

^ there was one but the traffic in it died off to a point where a change needed to be made. the forum in question (visual & performing arts) became film & television.

alasdair

the only reason I'm hesitant is that I don't know how man bluelighters will make it one of the forums they visit multiple times a day. :\

Yall act like there aint already forums that are totally fuckin DEAD.

I go in North and south ameirican social, some threads in there do not move for fuckin DAYS at a time , not a damn thing happens.

we already got forums that get no traffic and no ones complaining about that.....

Plus "well, it didnt work a couple years ago so it wont work now"

Theres also a lot more people on the site than there was a few years ago. how do you know it wont work just by basing it on somethin in the past that was a different situation than it is now?

atlas said:
the only reason I'm hesitant is that I don't know how man bluelighters will make it one of the forums they visit multiple times a day. :\

I didn't know there were a ton of people who visit bluelight more than once a day at all...

I get on the computer once in the morning and once before bed, unless I have something to type out, so like, visiting bluelight twice a day usually doesn't happen at all, yet I remain pretty active.

i wasnt around back when visual and performing arts was a forum, however, id still like to know if it moved slower than the WORDS forum?

whats different now? well, look how popular the gallery is! once again, i cant compare it to back THEN, but i have a feeling that if we had a forum INSTEAD of a gallery (or maybe just an IMPROVED mix of the 2), traffic from the gallery section might spend some time in the ARTS forum.

psychedelicious said:
I didn't know there were a ton of people who visit bluelight more than once a day at all...

I get on the computer once in the morning and once before bed, unless I have something to type out, so like, visiting bluelight twice a day usually doesn't happen at all, yet I remain pretty active.

i visit TDS, SO, OD, DC, DB, and ADD multiple times a day, just to see whats new.

i used to read words all the time, but it got kind of redundant.... only a few talented posters and an ASSLOAD of n00bs wanting feedback on their "experimental" poems.

...i am thinking the demise of the old ARTS forum might have come from a similar attitude to mine @ WORDS?

L2R said:
If anything, don't expect anything to happen any time soon in relation to creating this Art forum. There is simply too much happening right now for the crew to incorporate one.

I suggest creating and bringing in interest and contributions to the kind of threads that'd be best suited for such a forum here in SO (mods permitting).
That way, when the time comes and the resources are free to maybe do something about it, you will have many examples as to why you believe such a forum will generate traffic and demand.

godspeed bluelight arteests[/color]

The current problem with that idea, as nice as it sounds, is that IMO that isn't really an option. The 'arts' discussion in SO is lumped into large threads, which is conducive to some discussion, but doesn't really allow for ongoing discussion about any specific works/artist/whathaveyou. The minute someone tries to post their own work it's closed (i'm speaking generally here, i've posted one and gotten away with it, and i'm sure others have too - but as a general rule) and they're told to go to the share your artwork! thread or to the Gallery. Both of those lead us right back to the problem at hand, lack of ability for any specific ongoing discussion.

I'm just curious, what's the ''too much'' going on right now that would stop it from being done? I honestly don't know, which is why I ask, I'm not questioning the fact.

As far as traffic goes, everyone keeps asking, but nobody seems to be answering; What about the forums that move slow now? There doesn't seem to be any rush to get rid of them, and I, like many others, find it very hard to believe that the Arts forum moved any slower than Words and some of the others that are here now. :\

There will be some major changes on the site soon which is what he is referring to. As of now there is just too much on the bluelight plate to take on more projects. The current ones need to be attended to before even thoughts can begin on something like this :)

In my opinion I think its a good idea but I cant see another main forum going up. Maybe have it be a main forum and put words as a sub-forum, since so many people see it as a low traffic forum?

^^Thanks :)

I think having words become a sub-forum is a good idea and solution to both. It might actually draw more traffic there too.

I like the idea a lot myself but who knows what the regular posters in there would say about it lol.

Your welcome, you should see a change or two very soon :D

I was against ditching Visual and Performing Arts for Film & Television from the very beginning and would be glad to see the return of an art forum to bluelight.

Last edited:
lacey k said:
Theres also a lot more people on the site than there was a few years ago. how do you know it wont work just by basing it on somethin in the past that was a different situation than it is now?
perhaps. perhaps not.

surely the case for a new forum has to be better than "it would be a nice idea" or "it might work"?

alasdair