• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Would you get withdrawals from shot term suboxone/subutex use?

Gordon

Bluelighter
I had a small relapse after being off subutex for 4 months. During that months I was doing fine, no PAWS or withdrawals. I got off subs after a 7 year run, I tapered down to. 0.4, switched to codeine for a month, tapered the codeine and then used valium and clonidine for couple of days, was home and dry.. But I thought I start having some booze, from there I went on morphine for the buzz, was on that on and off for 3 weeks.

Recently I took subutex between 0.8 and 1mg for 4 days to combat the morphine withdrawals. Last night was my last dos of subs at 0.5. Am wondering can I expect withdrawals? would it depend on my last stay on sub when I was on maintenance? don't forget I got off subs for 4 months and was normal and happy as a kid. So a hoping my previous sub stint does not have an impact on this occasion.

Thanks.

Minor acute WDs, but it's the PAWS that get to me in the end and cause relapse.

Minor acute WDs, but it's the PAWS that get to me in the end and cause relapse.

Surprisingly enough I did not get any PAWS. I just felt normal and content. I relapsed because I felt s good I thought I what is 1 or 2 pills of morphine. I never had a relapse before and I do not plan on another one either. I have not taken any sub for 24 hours and so far am ok.

My query was would 4 days of 1mg and 0.5 of sub put me back or just get me over morphine withdrawals. I hope I do not suffer anything.

Surprisingly enough I did not get any PAWS. I just felt normal and content. I relapsed because I felt s good I thought I what is 1 or 2 pills of morphine. I never had a relapse before and I do not plan on another one either. I have not taken any sub for 24 hours and so far am ok.

My query was would 4 days of 1mg and 0.5 of sub put me back or just get me over morphine withdrawals. I hope I do not suffer anything.

If you became dependent on the morphine, you're going to go through some withdrawals no matter what. All the suboxone does is make them much less severe when you finally stop that at a low dose instead of coming directly off the morphine.

I have taken subutec and subox for up to six days to get through the worst of my withdrawls and then stop, and it works every time to ease withdrawl. I have never had withdrawl from the subs doing this... I still pooped a lot but I think thats inevitable. My bf thinks Im crazy and swears he withdrawls trying to do this but I think it is because he is addicted from taking it for so long. Good luck!

Suboxone made me sick/dizzy next day-cudnt shake it...like hangover without headache? Trying to get acclimated but it's fucking with me

I experienced the same thing. It was my 2nd day into heroin detox and I woke up reaaaalllyy dizzy. Not fun! But thankfully it only lasted a day.