❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Would you Date Someone with Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stolemyheart87

Ex-Bluelighter
Would you ever date someone guy or girl, who had issues, as far as, anxiety, depression, Asperger syndrome, down syndrome, autism, ADD/ADHD, PTSD, worked maybe 1-3 days out of the week, making income from unemployment checks, used taxis, Uber, lyft to get around, lived at home with the family, BUT they were the nicest person in the world, treating you like "Oh sweety" "You're awesome" "I will do anything you want" etc.

I have actually vowed my next relationship (should i choose to have one) will be with a girl without any preexisting conditions. I dont use it as a qualify or disqualify thing but the only 2 relationships i have been in the girl had some sort of emotional or family issues. Both are doing way better now and i have seen both through the worst parts of their lives i would imagine but I dont have it in me to do that again. In my experience those types of people require further assurance that the relationship is going well and I have become far too independent and love my independence now that my second long term relationship has ended.

In short i would prefer not to date someone with issues but at the same time i clearly am not opposed or do not have a problem with it directly.

depends on the person.

i dated an asperger for 2 dates but his issue was more him than the aspergers. i have met other aspergers and although it was difficult to turn sex into something more that person is hotter and has more style and is more talented. and obviously hotness is key to overlooking behaviours that seem limited

like i said its the person and their specific behaviour/ hotness not the label.

depends on their capacity to help themselves and have insight

Everybody has issues. I feel like it can sometimes be used as too much of a slur. Many people have anxiety, depression, etc etc. It's just that some people are better at masking it. Sometimes we deal with certain issues in others better than others, and vice versa etc etc.

Sometimes the aspects that we hate most are the ones that remind us of ourselves.

I honestly don't get what you are asking. Using taxis means you have "issues"?

^ OP is trying to say "would you exclude someone from your possible dating pool just because they have emotional issues that do not make it so they can not function, in fact they are so high functioning they do not require additional assistance in other areas"

again stop with the endless "would you" threads that are a backwards way of talking about someone you are dating

Status
Not open for further replies.