• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Would you consider this a relapse?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
So I have a history of seizures and just had my first seizure in 9 months.... I bit my damn tongue so freaking bad, it's like someone dang near cut it off. If I were to use a high dose of hydrocodone or potentially some H (depending), would you consider this a relapse even though I'm using it for pain?

So I have a history of seizures and just had my first seizure in 9 months.... I bit my damn tongue so freaking bad, it's like someone dang near cut it off. If I were to use a high dose of hydrocodone or potentially some H (depending), would you consider this a relapse even though I'm using it for pain?
wow, were u banging coke or something to cause that seizure? and yeah no matter if it's for pain, that's just ur brain rationalizing ur using, imo it is a relapse. just don't do it again if ur considering shooting H, u know how deceiving opiates are,this is just my opinion tho. Be safe, NZN

nvm I just read again that u have a history of seizures, yeah man it is totally a relapse. just bare in mind if ur gonna use that u can easily slip back into everyday usage really fucking fast if you have been previously addicted. think about it really well before doing it. ❤️

Hey man, just wanted to say sorry to hear about your seizure, that really sucks.

I have problems occasionally with biting my tongue in my sleep and sometimes I chomp down on it leaving it bloody for days. My recommendation is to find soft foods to eat while your mouth heals. This may take weeks, so using opiates is a sure fire way for a previous addict to slip right back into it.

Sleeping is also difficult. I sometimes need to put an extra towel down to catch the drool.

Minimize the drugs you take, and be careful which ones you take. This won't go away in a day, you are going to be hurting for several days possibly longer. Treat your body right, and this can be over in a reasonable amount of time. Make the wrong decisions, and you could be dealing with a lot more than a sore tongue.

Hey man, just wanted to say sorry to hear about your seizure, that really sucks.

I have problems occasionally with biting my tongue in my sleep and sometimes I chomp down on it leaving it bloody for days. My recommendation is to find soft foods to eat while your mouth heals. This may take weeks, so using opiates is a sure fire way for a previous addict to slip right back into it.

Sleeping is also difficult. I sometimes need to put an extra towel down to catch the drool.

Minimize the drugs you take, and be careful which ones you take. This won't go away in a day, you are going to be hurting for several days possibly longer. Treat your body right, and this can be over in a reasonable amount of time. Make the wrong decisions, and you could be dealing with a lot more than a sore tongue.

Thanks for the replies! I ended up just taking Kratom, to see how that helps. It takes the "sharpness" away, so it's more tolerable. Decided to stay away from the other stuff. Ill just have to suck it up haha Id rather no "relapse" back into a full habit again.

And yeah, it definitely sucks. Ive fallen off my bed before and literally almost bit it in half. Hurt for weeks lol Sorry you have to go through it too. Just been eating soup and stuff, thankfully it hasn't been too bad with that.

Since you're taking it for pain, no.

I disagree. I don't know how well you respond to other pain meds (preferrably non-opioid), but the thought of immediately going to oxy or even H might be a sign that subconsciously there might be an aspect that is not absolutely related to pain control?
Don't wanna minimise your pain, btw, just saying there are other meds you could take before going inmediately to the heavy stuff.

I disagree. I don't know how well you respond to other pain meds (preferrably non-opioid), but the thought of immediately going to oxy or even H might be a sign that subconsciously there might be an aspect that is not absolutely related to pain control?
Don't wanna minimise your pain, btw, just saying there are other meds you could take before going inmediately to the heavy stuff.

I have chronic pain and sometimes I need to be hospitalized and they give me IV morphine for a few days or weeks. It's not a big deal.

First, I'm sorry about your seizure.

As for is this a relapse? I think that's a question only you can really answer, and it might not be possible to know right away.

Personally I don't believe in strict cut and dry rules with this sort of thing.

I'd say it's a relapse when getting high is a part of your reason for choosing opioids to treat the pain, or when the use of those opioids causes you to start using opioids regularly again.

Only you can know your mind well enough to potentially grasp whether you're just using for pain. And only time will tell if this use causes you to use again.

I tend to think that it very easily could be a relapse. As addicts it can be very difficult to really know if our reasons for wanting to use opioids are truly because we're in pain, or if that's just an excuse.

I hope you don't relapse, I'd consider carefully if a non opioid pain killer might be good enough. Good luck man. :)

First, I'm sorry about your seizure.

I tend to think that it very easily could be a relapse. As addicts it can be very difficult to really know if our reasons for wanting to use opioids are truly because we're in pain, or if that's just an excuse.

Appreciate the reply! And thank you! Now that I'm thinking about it, I think subconsciously I was just using it as an excuse. Im glad I didn't restart, It wouldn't lead to anything good lol (even though it hurts like hell)

Be careful with kratom, depending on a strain and alkaloids, it reduces your seizure threshold. Less than tramadol but it still does reduce it.
If you can get by with kratom than taking heroin or high dose of hydrocodone would, in my opinion, constitute a relapse.
It all depends on level of your pain vs opioid chosen.
I hope you get heal fast so relapse question becomes just a memory. Props for taking kratom and not jumping to H! :)
Thank you! Took all of my will power not too lol I just got off a 48-hour shift and was up for like 60 hours straight. I think the fatigue got me, and that's what caused the seizure. Unfortunately, I couldnt sleep when I got home, had several things to do... Ie. Physical therapy for my back, Xrays, etc.

My triggers are: Fever, fatigue, and dehydration

Get some anticonvulsants and prevent the seizures, forget the fluffy pillowoids, revisit when you are stable ?