• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Would you consider me to have an opiod tolerance?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So i only do opiates about once a week usually. But have been for a few years now. I need 40-45mg of oxycodone to get a decent high. With a lil bit of bud i will nod. Do you consider that any sort of tolerance or am i newb to my mu receptors

Once a week is generally a good dosing regimen with opiates/opioids, provided you withstand the psychological pull to dose more often. Honestly, I use opiates fairly often and I'd get knocked the fuck out from 45 mg of oxy, tho I know several others who need to take far more than that to feel anything. Even with my consistent dosing schedule, I've managed to keep my dose low on just about all things.

Did you start out on a lower dose? Some people are genetically predisposed to not feel anything except higher doses of opiates and opioids, tho if you started out lower and can't feel anything except 45 mg of oxy, there's a chance you have a tolerance.

No i definitely don't have a natural tolerance i remember at the beginning id take 2 perc 10s and be so high throwing up lol