• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

would you agree that weed is a drug of illusion?

warmduck

Greenlighter
[h=3]“Marijuana is the Drug of Illusion — It creates the illusion that you’re thinking great thoughts and doing great things while you’re sitting on the sofa growing a beard”[/h]

It's true, you can sit there with nothing but some music and your imagination and go into a whole other world

Marijuana leads to being content. Being content in life is a great thing provided you deserve it. People in today's society put so much emphasis on productivity that it makes us think we are meant to be productive when really life should be measured in happiness.

It's not that marijuana is the problem it's that people use it incorrectly or allow themselves to be content when they shouldn't be, just because you can't think of something better to do with your time doesn't mean that you should smoke weed and stare at a wall.

I think the real problem is people can't control their drug use or use at incorrect times. It weed makes you lazy and unproductive then do it when you can be lazy and unproductive. I usually smoke after 7 or 8pm once I am done with my days work. As far as I am concerned no one can tell me I need to be more productive after 8pm.

I agree with the other posters.

I used to smoke too much and just sit on my ass, playing xbox all day. Now, I either smoke as a reward for a hard days work, or when I reach certain time limits of being clean from opiates. (Clean for a week- smoke session, month- make some hash brownies :). ) Also, I think it makes mundane tasks more interesting, plus cannabis helps people be more creative.

Marijuana leads to being content. Being content in life is a great thing provided you deserve it. People in today's society put so much emphasis on productivity that it makes us think we are meant to be productive when really life should be measured in happiness.

It's not that marijuana is the problem it's that people use it incorrectly or allow themselves to be content when they shouldn't be, just because you can't think of something better to do with your time doesn't mean that you should smoke weed and stare at a wall.

I think the real problem is people can't control their drug use or use at incorrect times. It weed makes you lazy and unproductive then do it when you can be lazy and unproductive. I usually smoke after 7 or 8pm once I am done with my days work. As far as I am concerned no one can tell me I need to be more productive after 8pm.

Well put. Although I think the same can be said for many drugs. But I agree that marijuana can be one of the more "accomplished" feelings. There are plenty of people who will smoke constantly, at work or school, saying that it doesn't have any effect on their performance, when in reality, I'm sure most of the people could be a lot more productive if they stayed sober until they're in their relaxing time.