• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Would this schedule work to avoid lorazpeam withdrawal? Measuring half life to time d

V82

Bluelighter
If I took 2 mg of lorazepam over 24 hours and then waiting 75 to take again and continue this would I avoid withdrawal?

The half life of lorazepam is 15 hours. So 5 x 15= 75. So in 75 hours lorazepam will mainly be out of my system. I could then take 2 mg over a 24 hour period again.

Would this work to avoid withdrawal?

Um, T1/2 and Duration of Action are two (often) very different things

Lorazepam (Ativan) actually has a similar T1/2 to Alprazolam(Xanax); yet, Alprazolam is a fast acting Tribenzo, that typically hits hard and fast, yet wears off quickly (almost like a single dose of Valium, though Valium may have a smoother transition, at least with multiple doses(and especially large(er) doses

Lorazepam has poor lipid solubility, and is practically insoluble in water; this gives it a delayed onset, yet longer duration relative to it's absolute elimination - especially compared to Xanax

Note that Acute Lorazepam holds longer than xanax, and even a single dose of DZP(Valium) - it is effectively a medium duration benzodiazepine. Suggest take as needed, limit your dosage, and always skip days

Hey there OP, while we would really like to be able to answer your thread with some degree of accuracy, this is not really possible given the sheer amount of variables at play. If we put a pot of coffee on and burn the midnight oil with research regarding Lorazepam (Ativan), we would still have far too much variability here. You are moving in the right direction by doing this research into the nature of your drugs, but you need to pay a significant amount of attention also, to how you feel.

The reason why addiction is so hard to deal with whereas say, not touching a lit stove, is such an easy decision to make, is because we are often robbed of our higher-order executive functioning, slowly, without truly realizing how much we are losing. Intelligence, plans, research or what have you can all take an easy back seat to the desire to "cheat" on your dosage schedule "just once".

I'm happy to leave this open for a tick should you have any questions, but there is just a limited amount of useful information that we can provide to you. There is only a certain degree of specificity that we can reach, no matter how hard we try and this is pretty much it. We definitely like to steer away from absolutes, but in general, the way you need to look at this situation philosophically is as such:

You are investing a lot of psychological energy in trying to figure out how you can use your drug of choice, most often, without consequences. You may think you're working toward a responsible goal, while you are really just working toward addiction. It's a fairly common thought process and you are definitely not the first Benzodiazepine user to walk through Basic Drug Discussion postulating a dosage schedule that allows "just the right amount" of usage.

This is not to insult your intelligence, because as we've covered, intelligence has little if nothing to do with it. I just want to give you the most realistic picture possible. You are trying to figure this out because of how good these drugs make you feel.

BZD withdrawl is very serious and one of the few psychoactive drugs where the withdraw can actually kill you (alcohol w/d can kill you as well).