View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Would This LSA Water Extraction Work?

ImDeliriant

Bluelighter
I have used morning glory seeds several times before, but I hate having to chew them all up. Although I know LSA is water soluble so if anyone knows if this extraction would work or not please comment.

I was going to soak some morning glory seeds (probably 300) in a glass of 8oz purified water and once the seeds softened I would crush them up in the water. I would then dump the water into another glass removing the seeds.
I would then drink the leftover water.

I also tried finding this extraction method, but I couldn't find it. So if you have any information regarding the effectiveness of this extracton It would be greatly appreciated.

It would be a very simple version of a CWE (cold water extraction), 'cwe' with 'lsa' or 'hbwr' or 'mgs' or unabbreviated should yield plenty of google results.

Yeah it works, but it works better if you acidify the water a little with some citric acid. It will be less effective than using very good organic polar solvents and will also not really do a very good job of getting it clean I guess.

Methods to get it cleaner involve washing the seeds with a non-polar solvent first, and also to use an alcoholic or acetone extraction step first before using your acidic water.

- Non-polar solvents dissolve possible nasties, making it cleaner before you proceed - you just wait until all of those solvents are evaporated away again after washing.
- Alcohols or acetone do a good job of dissolving a lot of the LSA well, but not the solids etc. This time you collect and save what is left when the strained solution evaporates.
- Doing the acidic water extraction on the crude extract after that shouldn't be so lossy because you don't have to pull it out of the plant matter.

IMO that's what each of such steps serve, so omitting them will make you miss out on the advantages from them.

Depending on how good a job you do of grinding and crushing, this simple version of yours may be meh or fine. Actually apart from the gunk that can be washed off the outside, a water extraction while leaving LSA behind, also leaves nasties behind.
The seeds can be pretty hard so it needs really serious grinding to truly pulverize, the finer you make it the more surface area you have and the better the extraction is. Softening them up with water might work (do you know?), but I am not 100% if you even want that. It depends on what method you have of grinding / crushing / pulverizing and if you have equipment how effective it is and what it can handle... maybe you want the seeds to be hard and brittle so that they actually break up, rather than just having sloshy fuzzy shit hanging in there. Again, not sure.

Last edited:
^^^ this dude knows what he's talking about but I thought this video might be helpful-

https://youtu.be/Ji3gKhN832E

Also I'd like to add : if you don't want to mess with an extraction, I have had good luck grinding about 10 grams of seeds in a cannabis grinder and then mixing them with a decent sized bowl of cinnamon applesauce. Just choke it down can barely tell the shells are in there
Recommend washing the seedsame b4 grinding. And dry them too

I'm not sure if anyone is still interested but I used 270 morning glory seeds and it did not work. It was like I only used 50 seeds.

Apparently you discarded a lot of the goodies then, that would be the only way to lose them usually...? :) Make sure you get a huge area of extraction by proper grinding and give it some time... In the OP it doesn't sound like you gave the actual extraction a lot of time?