• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Would this contain Salicylic Acid?

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
Doing a lot of research on cannabis to help my very bad anxiety and came across this, its legal to buy, its called.......Blue Edition Hemp cannabidiol (CBD) it comes in a bottle and you put 2 or 3 drops under the tongue......But.....I have a severe allergy to salicylic acid, so much so that I was in the resuscitation room for 10 hours after taking an aspirin tablet....I wonder if this oil would contain salicylic acid? Here are the only things it says about it......
  • CBD Oil
  • 2000mg > 25% CBD
  • Hemp CBD Oil
  • Hemp Oil

I doubt it. Why you think it may?

I think he's just erring on the side of caution with this one. People that've played chicken with their own extreme allergies before tend to get real nervous about the specific allergen afterwards.

Doing a lot of research on cannabis to help my very bad anxiety and came across this, its legal to buy, its called.......Blue Edition Hemp cannabidiol (CBD) it comes in a bottle and you put 2 or 3 drops under the tongue......But.....I have a severe allergy to salicylic acid, so much so that I was in the resuscitation room for 10 hours after taking an aspirin tablet....I wonder if this oil would contain salicylic acid? Here are the only things it says about it......
  • CBD Oil
  • 2000mg > 25% CBD
  • Hemp CBD Oil
  • Hemp Oil

I haven't the first clue whether salicylic acid might be in this product, but I bet I know who does! I googled it really quick and found that the product you're looking at is made and sold by a company called CBD Brothers. Like most legitimate companies, they even have a Contact Us section on their website. ;)

[EDIT per moderator's request: google search]

I'm not sure how soon they'll respond to you, but short of approaching the makers in person I think this'll be the most surefire way to get an answer to such a specific question. My apologies to the moderators if this violates any aspect of the BLUA.

Last edited:
It does. Please take it down. Your intentions were good so will leave it at that.

Contacted them directly, thanks greatly :)

I have to be soooo careful as if anything contains salicylic acid the consultant said next time I might not be so lucky as managed to get to A+E (or ER in the States) within 5 mins of the symptoms of the Anaphylactic shock, to which they gave me a cocktail of drugs, one of which was adrenaline and the stupid Junior Dr administered it too fast and stopped my heart, I cant remember that bit as it just went black but they bought me back to life with a de-fib....That is how my anxiety all started 15 years ago. They have me on Valium, Klonopin and Celexa for my anxiety (Been on these drugs for 15 years) but they dont help anymore, if anything they are making me worse so coming off Klonopin which is seriously hard so in search of something to ease my anxiety.

Found this on Google........But this is for the skin balm, wonder if the oil under the tongue would not contain Sal' acid?.....

Cannabios' CBD Hemp Bio Balm with Salicylic Acid is made exclusively from natural ingredients. The combination of essential rosemary oil and salicylic acid gives this balm moisturizing power and helps in softening and soothing immalleable and calloused skin, making it particularly suitable for the treatment of dry skin. 50ml.

Do you know if cannabis itself contains Salicylic Acid?

Someone was actually just asking me that.