• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Would the fatty liver issue with agomelatine only be an issue with daily use?

Deioflaje

Greenlighter
I am desperately looking for something/s to switch between on days I don't take kratom cos I have an issue with taking anything every day and kratom while it gives me relief from this ever increasing depression is not sustained enough for me to make any progress- plus it doesn't help with my mysanthropy which is what is caused me to have a futile attitude to any forms of social interaction.

So I am also hyprochondriac and even if a drug has a good general safety profile I will start obsessing over the possible side effects - wellbrutrim - seizures, and agomelatine the fatty liver thing.

Since it is a prescription thing which is to be taken every day constantly for those with a prescription and only a rare instance of those have had liver issues would that mean that sporadic use 2 - 3 times a week would not be an issue regarding the fatty liver thing? Ie would it be just the same as most 9-5ers taking a coulple of beers every week? And fatty liver is a reversible thing anyhow right so sporadic use would not cause any permanent damage?

I like the sound of it because like with its older brother tianeptine it sounds like an acute antidepressant which could be taken tactically and works right away plus a super short half life which I like- I prefer to control how long something is in my system for.

I don't know anything about the drug you are talking about but why not just give Klonopin a try?

Seriously, there's no reason to be so afraid of it.

Have you ever taken Klonopin before?

It won't help with depression but it WILL help with anxiety.

I mean if you are honestly considering a super powerful RC that is untested like F-Phenibut but afraid of Klonopin it makes no sense to me at all.

It's like being afraid to smoke weed but being fine with doing LSD IMO.

Also, do you exercise regularly?

I mean I know some people blow it off and everyone suggests it, but as someone who also has anxiety and depression it helps a lot if you go to the gym and really lift some hard weights and run a bit, or even just do some pushups.

Do you really work on your issues outside of experimenting with drugs?

Cause you aren't gonna do anything but cover them up with substances.

I mean yeah, sometimes they help like for me they cover up my social anxiety, but overall they won't make you a happier person and we all know that.

Last edited:
I think the issue here is not drug side effects but your fear of drug side effects.

No matter how often or what you take you could still develop a fear that youll be that guy to get some rare side effect.

Im not trying to be mean but i highly doubt youll ever make any progress from any drug treatment if your basis revolves around your hypochondriasis

Exercise and things like cognitive behavior therapy are important.

However, in some people especially with severe depression medication with talk therapy and exercise may be necessary.

I really think trying to use drugs for your depression only a few days a week would ironically make you more likely to end up addicted because the type of drugs that youd use a few days per week are more likely to be drugs that work immediately rather than long term.

I think it is important to weigh the the risks like seizures and fatty liver against the benefits.

Also, if a drug has a benefit is it possible to reduce the risk.

For example, after i am lithium and depakote both of which can elevate liver enzymes. However, the benefits are they stabilize my mood especially the suicidal thoughts. I dont have any side effects.

Therefore, rather than not take them i get regular blood work to make sure i dont get liver issues. And, to reduce the risks of side effects you can use evidence forexample keeping my lithium level around 0.7 and depakote 1000 mg typically below that for bipolar.