• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Would taking a single dose after being clean for 3 days cause withdrawals to return and how bad

I thinkthey generally start you on suboxne if your habit is less than a year, more than that you can go right to methadone, if you are still using heroin on methadone even at maintenance dose then you can go on morphine, at least that's how it used to work. When I first started morphine wasnt an option so things are changing fast. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer it along side methadone now, my doc thought the side effect profile was better with morphine

I see yeah sounds mad but that sugary methodone isn't good people's teeth for a start, well here in the UK it's full of sugar, it's so sweet

How interesting thanks

So I havent taken any opiates for the last 3 days, im doing a taper and 2 times a week I have to take a pharmacy witnessed dose. I managed to taper myself to 0 while still getting a script, only problem is my pharmacy witnessed doses, usually I can avoid taking them by drinking only the water and not beads but today for some reason they had me take the capsules whole(they usually poor them out to prevent cheeking pills), it was 40mg of 24hr extended release morphine, you guys think Ill feel like shit once it wears off?
you are not clean
after only 3 days of not taking anything it's still in your body. I said the hell with it and went through being sick for a week without any help and I beat it all. don't be a pussy if I can do it anybody can do it just be strong

That's so much, how big was your habit that's crazy? Did you have supervised doses and had to drink all that in front of the pharmacist in one go lol?

No, I went to a private clinic. What's funny is that my habit wasn't even that big when I started. I simply kept on asking for more after I realized that if I asked for more I would receive more (it was an expensive private clinic in the US). I eventually had 90 day take homes at the end. It's amazing I ever got off, I am not sure I would have the same strength these days. They probably shouldn't have let me go so high but it sort of worked. I haven't developed any particularly serious opioid addictions since then, at least no more IV addictions.

No, I went to a private clinic. What's funny is that my habit wasn't even that big when I started. I simply kept on asking for more after I realized that if I asked for more I would receive more (it was an expensive private clinic in the US). I eventually had 90 day take homes at the end. It's amazing I ever got off, I am not sure I would have the same strength these days.

Are you not on it now then?

So to update I took that 40mg of 24hr extended release morphine at 5pm last wed. the 20th and havent taken any other morphine since.

My past 8 days have looked like this
17th- 10mg
18th- 0mg
19th- 0mg
20th- 40mg
21st- 0mg
22nd- 0mg
23rd- 0mg
24th- 0mg
Keep in mind because its 24hr ER and I took those doses in the evening they were in my all through the next day

The past 2 nights I had to take 5mg valium to fall asleep, I always try to sleep naturally for at least 3 hours before I turn to those though. I guess Im kind of wondering is do you guys think it will get worse from here?

So to update I took that 40mg of 24hr extended release morphine at 5pm last wed. the 20th and havent taken any other morphine since.

My past 8 days have looked like this
17th- 10mg
18th- 0mg
19th- 0mg
20th- 40mg
21st- 0mg
22nd- 0mg
23rd- 0mg
24th- 0mg
Keep in mind because its 24hr ER and I took those doses in the evening they were in my all through the next day

The past 2 nights I had to take 5mg valium to fall asleep, I always try to sleep naturally for at least 3 hours before I turn to those though. I guess Im kind of wondering is do you guys think it will get worse from here?
you should be at the peak atm. I don't think it'll get worse, there's no point on dosing once again tbh. Yuo're almost here brother :p

So I havent taken any opiates for the last 3 days, im doing a taper and 2 times a week I have to take a pharmacy witnessed dose. I managed to taper myself to 0 while still getting a script, only problem is my pharmacy witnessed doses, usually I can avoid taking them by drinking only the water and not beads but today for some reason they had me take the capsules whole(they usually poor them out to prevent cheeking pills), it was 40mg of 24hr extended release morphine, you guys think Ill feel like shit once it wears off?

You will probably feel a little bit off, but I wouldn't worry too much about a serious withdrawal syndrome.