• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Would snorting 60mg of Oxycodone be too much?

SlightlyStoopid

Bluelighter
I only have two Roxy 30s left and I want to get the most out of them. I have been taking them pretty much daily for the past week or so, so just one of them isn’t really doing much for me anymore. Would it be okay to snort two at once?

i was taking 20mgs a day for about a month or more, and when i took 40mgs to really have a more intense experience and see what the big deal with opiates was about, i had a really good night with it, but felt terrible the next day, like sore all over my whole body. i probably have a lower opiate tolerance. i'm glad i didn't take anymore than i did though.

i was taking 20mgs a day for about a month or more, and when i took 40mgs to really have a more intense experience and see what the big deal with opiates was about, i had a really good night with it, but felt terrible the next day, like sore all over my whole body. i probably have a lower opiate tolerance. i'm glad i didn't take anymore than i did though.
Yeah, I’m glad I don’t do pain pills like that anymore either. These are the first Roxys I’ve gotten my hands on in almost 13 years.

It is nowhere near overdose territory, if that's what you are asking.
Also, I forgot to mention: I take 15mg of Temazepam every night as well. Would it still be safe to take that - or should I skip it that night? Because I know you’re not really supposed to mix Benzos and Opioids like that…

Also, I forgot to mention: I take 15mg of Temazepam every night as well. Would it still be safe to take that - or should I skip it that night? Because I know you’re not really supposed to mix Benzos and Opioids like that…
if you take it every night and are tolerant to it, you will be fine

Oxy has a relatively very high LD50 for an opioid. I wouldn't worry about anything <100mg, even with a small benzo dose on top.

Oxy has a relatively very high LD50 for an opioid. I wouldn't worry about anything <100mg, even with a small benzo dose on top.
Yeah, I’m pretty tolerant to both drugs. I’ve been taking the Temazepam every night for a couple years, and doing a couple Roxys daily for the past week or two. Thanks for the input!

Also, happy New Year!

You seem to know a lot about the topic at hand, so I have one more question for you:

When you say you generally wouldn’t worry about overdose for anything <100mg, do you mean per day - or per dose?

For example, say I snorted two 30mg Roxies about 4 hours ago - would it still be okay to take five 10mg Percs that same day (even though that would be a total of 110mg of Oxy)?

Last edited:
Assuming it is legitimate oxycodone and not pressed God-knows-whatever, and that you're reasonably tolerant on the two, I don't see these numbers posing any real threat redosing. That first one's a pretty big assumption these days, granted.

Assuming it is legitimate oxycodone and not pressed God-knows-whatever, and that you're reasonably tolerant on the two, I don't see these numbers posing any real threat redosing. That first one's a pretty big assumption these days, granted.
Thanks, man! And my stuff is definitely legit - it’s straight from the pharmacy. I get them from a friend who is in pain management. I would never buy pain pills off the street nowadays. Thanks again for the reply!

No problem man, stay safe and have fun. 🫠
It was actually OxyContin 10s I had (not Percs), so I ended up using my pill cutter to cut them in half before I took them to make them IR instead of ER. I remember reading about that somewhere on here, but it doesn't really feel like it's working — they still feel like they're ER to me. You know anything about that?

I didn't have anything to grind the coating off with, so that was really my only option...

I'm not familiar with their exact formulation, I imagine that might help a little bit, but I doubt it would negate the whole ER treatment. I was doing OC's mainly when it was the original formula and all you had to do was wash the coating off and you were good to do whatever with it. The good old days. 🥹

But hey, at least you didn't have to deal with any acetaminophen. 👍

I'm not familiar with their exact formulation, I imagine that might help a little bit, but I doubt it would negate the whole ER treatment. I was doing OC's mainly when it was the original formula and all you had to do was wash the coating off and you were good to do whatever with it. The good old days. 🥹

But hey, at least you didn't have to deal with any acetaminophen. 👍
Yes, I miss those days! Doctors were literally passing out scripts for Oxy 40s like Halloween candy. And all I had to do was scrape the coating off with my fingernail (it came right off). Now days, you literally have to be damn-near dying to get a script of those things — and you could take a fucking chainsaw to it and the coating still wouldn’t come off. Fuck Big Pharma.

And you’re right about the acetaminophen. Haha

Last edited:
Oxy is better when its eaten snorting is a waste imo
I agree. I actually prefer to crush them up and parachute them… because I like the nicer, longer, more gradual come-up you get as opposed to quick, shorter one you get snorting them. But every now and then I like to switch it up and snort one or two to get more of an intense rush / nod type of feeling.

Last edited: