• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Would morphine be wasted/decayed if I dissolved it into some sprite w/ jolly ranchers

BigChungus9000

Greenlighter
I have some extended release morphine beads. I am going to crush them up into a powder and put that in a drink. if I dissolve some of it into a fluid containing sprite and lots of sugar, will that effect the bioavailability of the morphine? will it decay/degrade the molecule?

I prefer to drink my drugs. I imagine this won't effect the amount of morphine that I consume, it should be the exact same as just crushing up a pill and parachuting that. am I correct? I don't want the pH of the fluid to melt/kill the drug.

I did research and wasn't able to find any info on what pH causes morphine to decay/die.

morphine should be stable on a soda formulation as there no chemical for it to react with. From my understanding.

If these beads are somewhat soft (wax like, easily crushable) you can extract the morphine easily, by pouring the beads into a tablespoon filled with some water, heat it up with a lighter or a candle until the beads are molten, then let it cool and discard the waxy layer swimming on top. Let the water evaporate and voila, fine morphine crystals. These can be snorted or plugged (or IV'd but I don't recommend that), I liked snorted morphine even though its bioavailability isn't so great too but gave me a nice euphoria.

I think morphine on itself is very stable and shouldn't decay because of sprite.