• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Would long term naloxone reduce opiod/opiate tolerance?

Evanescence8290

Greenlighter
Hello my dear bluelight users. :)I wonder specifically would using naloxone daily, not necessarily intravenously would be able to decrease codeine and dihydrocodeine tolerance. I ask specifically as those are weaker opiods/opiates and the ones I use. I use large amounts of them. :?

I am considering very strongly taking a month break at minimum. I am not quite considering naloxone but at the same time I would potentially use it if I decide to. I know dextromethorphan and other drugs can potentially reduce tolerance to opiate and opiod medications.

Would reducing the amount of natural endorphins I release also further lower my dihydrocodeine tolerance? I may decide to stop masturbating, using technology for anything other than my online education, listening to music, and eating anything not super healthy. Perhaps I am best off just doing that detox with a lower endorphin release to really just reset things a bit. Any thoughts out there or people who have done similar?

In fact the main reason I am less inclined to use naloxone daily or at all would be it's effects on my organs and specifically my liver. I want my liver to have a full break so by reducing my livers ability by using naloxone every day I imagine I may reduce its strength overall. This would cause future codeine and prodrugs a slower metabolism into say morphine and a lower maximum limit due to an impaired liver.

I am finding it very tricky to come off of codeine, dihydrocodeine, and alcohol. I have been addicted to smoking and solvents for the last 4 years. I have also been a quite heavy user of Dxm, research legal highs, and cannabis. In the end I began using between 600ml and 2 liters of butane gas daily which was insane. I became a criminal and had been arrested many times.

At my lowest point I was robbed £500 total. At my second lowest point I stabbed myself in the leg and was tazerd. I once tried to burn down the house I was living in and explode it. I had been using nitrazepam and butane gas. Many more insane things I can get into on another post or if anyone has questions about butane you can request me to make a thread. I have a lot of personal experience with butane gas and it is more than a large amount of butane users even have. Never ever use butane gas it is not a drug it is a pure poison.

I will finish with this I have been using codeine and dihydrocodeine to get off of my butane and cigarette habit. I have been clean from solvents for six weeks. I have been clean from cigarettes for two months. I have been upping my codeine and dihydrocodeine codeine doses a lot but mainly it's the fact I've used these drugs as well on and off for three years. An hour and a half ago I took approximately 180mg of dihydrocodeine and 500mg of codeine. My pupils are barely small and I feel like how 100mg of codeine used to make me feel. Any advice? Thanks again for reading and any comments would be appreciated. I am a nice guy and am quite tolerant so be free to discuss anything you want to that is okay by bluelight standards. I would hope we can focus on the topics I discussed mainly however. Best of luck to all! :)

Have you done any research into ultra low dose naloxone use? Do a search and look into it.

It’s really great you’re laying off the solvents. Those can lead to soooooo many problems.

I also would like to caution you that, while there are methods to reduce the normal increase of tolerance and potentiate opioids, there is no real way to prevent tolerance from increasing eventually with sustain use. The only way to deal with this ultimately is to take breaks with opioid use, discontinue opioid use entirely or find a maintenance style dose that holds you comfortably and where you get what you need without craving.

Could you perhaps restate your specific goals as concisely as possible? That will help use clarify what kind of feedback and support you are seeking.

Might I chime in that chronic antipsychotic treatment(less dopamine transmission) in animal models causes a sensitization to stimulant drugs. Maybe there's a possibility of a similar effect for an opiod antagonist such as Naloxone. You'd need to some research.

Another user on here swore that it diminished tolerance at a much faster pace and increased response to that of an opioid naive state( read 1st time use)which might be helpful or dangerous depending on how you approach this, but he reiterated this for months and months leading me to believe that there might be some degree of truth to it although a little more research is never a bad idea.

I read quite a bit about the efficacy of ULD naltrexone over on opiophile before they went down, so it definitely has some validity to it. Perhaps the OP can use wayback machine to review old page shots over there, but it may be slow going to find relevant into without a proper search engine to use for the old site’s content.

Narcan won't work it has too short an effect. ULDN is pretty much proven to be effective there just isn't a concise model of effectiveness.

Definitely stop masterbating... That's always the first thing I think of for reducing opiate tolerance (eye roll)