• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Would it be possible to make cannabis hot chocolate?

Firth

Bluelighter
I fancy edibles for the long high without lots of smoking. Over the last couple of months I have improved my fitness vastly, I haven't smoked cigarettes in almost 12 months and would like to cut out smoking of cannabis, but not cannabis use altogether. I can't really afford a decent vaporizer on the run-up to Christmas. I've been thinking, would it be possible to make cannabis hot-chocolate (or cocoa as it is more commonly referred to in other countries?)

I understand you need FAT for the THC to cling too and temperate should not exceed 140 Celsius.

So... If I was to make a hot chocolate using full fat milk using a saucepan on a the lowest heat setting possible, with cannabis in the milk from short to finish, should I expect to get high from drinking in the same was as I would from cannabis muffins I have had on my multiple trips to Amsterdam? Around how much cannabis should I expect to use? I usually smoke 0.3-0.5 grams.

A work colleague (who cooks edibles with raw cannabis straight into the batteR) says maybe - He thinks I may have to use cream.

you could make it with cream but it won't keep for long and if you just toss in raw herb and simmer it will give the hot chocolate a funky flavour. the way i would do it is to get some ghee butter or coconut oil (if you add some to normal hot chocolate it just makes it taste creamier), match the ratio of oil/butter to the amount of raw green you have (0.5-1g of herb for each 5g/5mL/1tsp of butter), then QWISO the green, toss the plant matter and simmer the remaining hash in the butter until it starts frothing then remove from heat.

I used a small pot with approx 16 ounce 16% cream, couple good tablespoons of sugar and some cocoa powder. I heated until it looked too froth and took it off the heat. Stirred real good and poured over ice.

It works

Tom

(I've also simmered a titanium nail and oil dome in cream and was able to extract the goodies)

I eat edibles daily, it is my primary ROA. I've done exactly what you are describing and it is delicious.

I take x amount of herb, and partially decarb it in the oven. Say 220 F for 15 minutes. Then I pulverize it with a mortar and pestle, transfer it to a mason jar and then it sits on my spice rack until needed.

Heat the milk add chocolate and sweetener, toss in the herb and stir. My sweet spot is around a Tablespoon, you will have to experiment to find yours. Kief also works great in a beverage. Also whole milk seems to have enough fat but if you are concerned about fat content, add some soy lecithin. It aids absorption of oral THC and will not effect the flavor.

Wow, this certainly looks doable.

I will definitely try it out! Thank you for sharing this recipe.

It definately works, and in my opinion normal (3.5% fat) milk is sufficient. In my experience, it was more economic and easier to dose than baking stuff, you can just toss your desired amount of cannabis into the milk, let it simmer for some 20 minutes, add the cocoa/chocolate, strain it and enjoy. I also liked to add cinnamon sticks and cardamon for some extra taste. It also hits faster than eating stuff (at least when consumed on an empty stomach).

have fun. :)