• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Would injecting keta be better for your bladder?

velvetpopsicle

Greenlighter
Hey!

I have an overly sensitive bladder, so even though I only use keta every now and again, I find it irritates my bladder for a few days afterwards. But also, its a bloody great drug! I'm wondering if anyone knows whether injecting it would lessen its irritating effect on the bladder? If not, is there any other way to make it less irritating or even a similar drug that comes without the bladder symptoms?

Thank you, and my apologies if this is posted in the wrong place (I'm new).

Hi and welcome :)

Compared to what other route of administration? Snorting it or oral?
And you mean intramuscular injection not intravenous?

Bioavailability means how much of the drug actually makes it into your blood circulation to act, and for K for each route of administration it's:

Intravenous: 100%
Intramuscular: 93%
Subcutaneous: high
Epidural: 77%
Intranasal: 8?50%
Sublingual: 30%
Rectal: 30%
By mouth: 16?24%

When you snort you may lose a part from spilling and another part makes it to the throat and becomes absorbed by mouth.

Another thing is that what is absorbed through the mouth undergoes what is called first-pass metabolism, meaning it passes your liver immediately (do not pass start) and a part becomes broken down to norketamine.

I think metabolites that come from norketamine are worse for your bladder.

So what makes the routes of administration with highest bioavailability better for your bladder is you need less ketamine to reach the same effect because it is more efficient, so less metabolites in your bladder. So the answer is yes, injecting is better for your bladder.
Orally is the worst because of more norketamine produced on top of this. And snorting (intranasal) tends to involve partially oral absorption

However, the stronger routes of administration also may be a bit more addictive... plus the way you administer itself can also become addictive in a fetish kind of thing (you see this all the time with smoking, snorting and injecting: you start craving the act itself).
Shooting intravenously can also make you blackout the easiest because it hits so hard.

I myself have done it in various ways but stuck with intramuscular injection because to me it was reasonable and not that much heavier than snorting, but it felt much cleaner and more efficient overall. I would never inject any harder drugs and especially never IV but for psychedelics and dissociatives intramuscular can be really nice and useful, but not everyone is the same and not sure if it is really that responsible to recommend. Be careful, know yourself.

Last edited:
So you're saying with snorting I only got 8,5% (or 8-50% ) out of my K?

Do you have similar numbers for morphine? I'm curious cause some say rectal use is much like IV but found it to be pretty underwhelming (never did any injections, yet might this explain why I could never achieve a K hole by insufflation?)

Rectal is much like IM, not IV, for most things anyway. For ketamine though, it's not really very similar to IM. You need to make sure your bowels are clear though, otherwise fecal matter can absorb the drug and you won't get a lot of it into your system.

It's not a comma, its 8-50% and probably closer to 40% if you ask me.

just check yourself, i got the numbers from wikipedia.

Ime injecting ketamine is far more addictive compared to snorting it.

Ive had some binge issues with ket, its easily solved by not having syringes around.
Once you start using a needle then snorting becomes pointless.
Only times i dont inject is if im at a festival or doing some kind of combo.

Just get some MXEr or O-PCM maybe. Don't know whether bladder toxicity's selective to the PCM moiety as somebody somewhere pointed out, or to ketamine specifically, yet O-PCM is some times more potent so you can still take it via non-invasive ROA. I've gone through more than 200g of it and my bladder is still fine, thanks god.

Yeah, while not 100% sure, to me it seems more powerful and longer acting dissos could be better for your bladder as you will be processing less amounts.

Isn?t?

Yes if assuming that the same kinds of compounds will be produced in equal amounts metabolically speaking that are just as bad for your bladder.
I just wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions, cause somehow it doesn't seem like stuff such as 3-MeO-PCP is like super benign to the body, but sure if you can avoid intake of large quantities of K substituting with something that is in the most important ways used as safely or or better, then sure that seems like HR. But of course not if you get into other trouble from the disso being more powerful.