• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Would going cold turkey from a tiny dependency to baclofen be catastrophic or just un

Deioflaje

Greenlighter
Would going cold turkey from a tiny dependency to baclofen be catastrophic or just unpleasant but manageable?

The worst fear I have is if you had a dependency on something and you somehow forgot to have it with you when you went somewhere like out to the country or something and then you would be screwed.

But if you only took baclofen sporadically but still on a routine (without having had a washout) and ranout or somehow didn't have access would the withdrawal be horrendous or manageable without other drugs?

Let me take kratom as an example. I would take it 1 day on and 2 days off. Over time now I have realized this does still cause a small dependence and with my last 100g bag the effects of 5.2 grams were getting less and less and I was not getting a good high even before the bag was finished. I realized it was diminishing returns so I am now on a break. The other week when I first stopped I had some runny nose but hardly any. However when I had been on that regimen for maybe 6 months the withdrawal was much more noticeable that time. I had the full on faucet nose and chills for a few days but I could still sleep no problems. The effects were all physical and mentally I felt fine. It was a little annoying but nothing worrying. As such I am not worried about a small dependence to kratom because I know it is easy shaken off.

I certainly wouldn't mess with heavy gabaergics with such regularity but my question is would it be catastrophic if you quit cold turkey through taking a little more than you should. What I mean is you have to experiment with a drug and its doses before you know what the ideal is for positive effects with least negatives.

So if you take a little much of baclofen for a couple weeks say while you are still in the experimentation phase (again never daily but I mean with traces still having been in your system) does it mean you will have full on panic attacks if you stop abruptly. I have never taken any drug daily. I would aim to take it once or twice a week and switch between it and kratom to avoid tolerance to each.

But my question is would slightly getting a little dependence cause the horrific world cracking anxiety attacks like I have read about with gaba withdrawals or is it on a scale in that you might feel a little off, similar to how my experience was with the little kratom withdrawals I had. Unpleasant but you can still go about your daily routine?

Though baclofen, although being stronger, doesn't stay in your system that long so it should be easier to avoid dependence then shouldn't it. 6 hours half life sounds ideal to me.

Definitely not "catastrophic" withdrawals. And I don't think (folks will correct me shortly) that even severe Baclofen withdrawal is a shadow of benzodiazepene w/d. Benzo withdrawals have the potential to be truly catastrophic, by killing you. Baclofen targets a different receptor form, outside the brain.

If anything, Baclofen w/d should resemble gabapentin w/d, which don't seem to happen to me, at least.

Withdrawal symptoms are usually subjective, and one person's crippling anxiety is another's crippling joint pain. Not saying they aren't both terrible. But expectations play a big role too. I would never expect Baclofen w/d to cause panic attacks, just because there aren't any GABA-B receptors in your brain.

Usually, quitting a "little dependence" might cause a "little withdrawal". I wouldn't worry too much.

If you're managing to take it sporadically and don't have symptoms when you don't take it, then its possible you haven't really developed a dependence. Some people receive very little effects from baclofen in the first place.

Without defining "tiny dependency," it's difficult to know. I was taking 80mg daily (20mg 4x daily) and I cut my dose by 20mg a week until I hit zero and did not have any problems with withdrawals. There is a seizure risk in going off bac cold turkey.

Without defining "tiny dependency," it's difficult to know. I was taking 80mg daily (20mg 4x daily) and I cut my dose by 20mg a week until I hit zero and did not have any problems with withdrawals. There is a seizure risk in going off bac cold turkey.

Well I would not take it daily (2 times a week if that is acceptable but not if it were pushing it) and the half life sounds just right at about 6 hours so I don't think I would be wanting to redose. Just looking for a therpeutic active dose from what I have read would be very low around the 10-15 mg mark. I didn't try it yet since I wanted to clear up those dependency concerns before going ahead.

My purpose is for social boost and for relaxation, antidepressant purposes and something to cycle between to break up my kratom usage to avoid tolerance to either.

I have been thinking that drugs should be varied like food- you would never want to eat the same meal every day eh? Kratom can be sweet on a regular for sure :) but the tolerance puts an end to that quick enough.

Last edited: