• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

would a weed trip integrate into an different psychedelic experience?

Dmt_Trips

Greenlighter
if i do not enjoy smoking weed as much as i used to, would it affect a trip based on say " shrooms".

I think OP is wondering if smoking marijuana during a shroom trip would cause significant changes to the trip. I usually enjoy smoking a VERY small amount of weed while tripping. Like a toke or two at most.

Or are you wondering if since you don't enjoy pot will it change a mushroom trip?

Actually I'm really confused please clarify OP

sorry i was kinda messed up during that.. if i dont enjoy the feeling weed gives me any more, would that influence how i would like a shroom trip

I'm personally not a big fan of marijuana, but I really enjoy psychedelics. From my experience, and from what I heard from others, weed is nothing like psilocybin mushrooms. They're also pharmacologically different, as in their mechanism of action in the brain are unlike each other. If you're expecting a weed-like high you'll be in for a surprise.

Anyways, asking if you'll like shrooms because you don't like weed is like asking if you'd like apples if you don't like oranges. They're not very alike in my opinion. It's something you'll have to try so that you can decide for yourself.

Last edited:
Ymmv situation typically. I for one can't stand tryptamines anymore last ok trip being back years. Put some mj on top and you got the ideal setting for an trip to the darkside.

I love cannabis and noids and other types of psychedelics though. And maybe a few tryptamines are ok like 5-meo-dalt or some of the other new additions I haven't tried.

if you don't like the weed high, i'd say just don't smoke it while on shrooms

if you don't like the weed high, i'd say just don't smoke it while on shrooms

Agreed..

I would keep some anti-psychotic on hand if your going to attempt this, or at least an anti-anxiety like xanax or simiular.. always keep in mind, psychedelics are AMPLIFIERS. If your heart set on it, start LOW dose and build up VERY slowly.

Pot wont kill you, but you might want a friend there if your gonna get paranoid while tripping.. .. a sober friend.

NOTE!: always check drug interactions before combineing.
Mushrooms are pretty lenient but always, always, always check.. At least give yourself that peace of mind.

i think you should try each drug separately and get acquainted with its headspace before you start throwing combos. Weed generally makes a mushroom trip more intense, but theres other subtle differences it brings to the trip. having smoked weed and tripped mushrooms a decent amount, there are definitely many similarities between the two experiences. I find that intense cannabis intoxication shares more similarities than differences with a mushroom trip, the main difference being the fact that the visual hallucinations on mushrooms are much more intense.

With mainly LSD I've noticed a few bad reactions to doing this, people mainly complain on the verge of a panic attack that they feel like they are going through the same thing over/looping/time has stopped/time has slowed. Obviously there is standard looping with LSD but for some reason the weed makes it take a very negative off feeling. Generally the suggestion I make is to not do it on the peak, comeup or comedown seems to be fine for people but also remember if you do smoke that for some reason you are very sensitive to it.

Also I know people who can just smoke it flat out, in fact they feel it's a waste tripping as they smoke so much.

Similar experiences anyone?

Agreed..

I would keep some anti-psychotic on hand if your going to attempt this, or at least an anti-anxiety like xanax or simiular.. always keep in mind, psychedelics are AMPLIFIERS. If your heart set on it, start LOW dose and build up VERY slowly.

Pot wont kill you, but you might want a friend there if your gonna get paranoid while tripping.. .. a sober friend.

NOTE!: always check drug interactions before combineing.
Mushrooms are pretty lenient but always, always, always check.. At least give yourself that peace of mind.

i have 1mg lorazapam pills on hand incase.. the absolute only reason i am even a little sketched about trying mushrooms is my last dmt trip scared the living shit out of me and i seem to still have flashbacks when i smoke weed.. not everytime but maybe 45% of the time

i have 1mg lorazapam pills on hand incase.. the absolute only reason i am even a little sketched about trying mushrooms is my last dmt trip scared the living shit out of me and i seem to still have flashbacks when i smoke weed.. not everytime but maybe 45% of the time

Open a door that you cant close?

I found mushrooms to be on the mild side, I have not had the pleasure of trying DMT by itself, but i remember when young we smoked some of our mushrooms (yea i know, not a great idea to inhale fungi) But at that moment, the trip got VERY strong, my friends face just melted and i was GONE for a few minutes.

Later on I read that certain strains contain DMT in them. Explains the shotgun blast to outer space for such a short duration.

I also recall a strange "Fully visual" hallucination experienced after tripping on mushrooms and taking a hit of N2O (this when in the 'after-glow' stage of the trip, 6-10 hours, cant remember exactly). It was strange because it started in the center of my vision and slowly consumed my entire field of view, it consisted of an array of eyeballs reminiscent of Alex Grey's work. While in this state, my eyesight was completely gone, replaced by this vision, but every other sense was alert and fully aware that i was still sitting comfortably in my lawn chair, aside from the mild numbness from the nitrous, i was sober, experiencing one of the most intense visual hallucinations i have ever had.

What. The. FUCK.

In retrospect, one notion that always helps me is that everything is always there... you just don't see it all the time or maybe even ever. I'd consider myself lucky for the things i have experienced in my life, bad or good, I am always able to eventually get something positive from the experience and this helps me the next time around as-well.

Last edited: