• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Would a 2.3g DXM trip have me ready for things like Shrooms, Acid, and Mescaline?

Soul Garden

Bluelighter
Please don't sit here and tell me that DXM is a dissociative and all the others listed are psychedelics/hallucinogenics. I'm very aware of that. I mean to ask if the intensity of a 2.3g DXM trip would have me ready for the intensity of the other listed substances. I also ask that I don't be lectured about DXM. I'm not the type to abuse it even though I enjoy the much higher doses. I'm not the DXM'er who takes it daily or monthly. I can admit, I started out taking it every two weeks. It's been cut down to every 3-6 months now. I use it for introspective thought, creativity, exploration of the mind, for the unexplainable emotions I could never imagine, for the journey in general, etc... Anyways, I'd like to know if you guys think I'd be ready for the other listed substances. I won't really go into detail about the experience I had with 2.3g. I don't think it can exactly be explained. Many blue lighters will get what I mean...

What kind of spiritual practice do you have? If you don't mind me asking.

Read this:
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_side_effects.shtml#toc.6.10

Either you are addicted to it and tolerant enough to be okay after taking such a dangerously huge dose, or you are not which makes this dosage especially dangerous.
This is a harm reduction forum, you cannot ask for us to skip the warnings.

And what does being ready for mushrooms or LSD mean? It will always be different, dissociatives and psychedelics share commonalities but also differences. It will be novel to you whatever you do, and I guess that is fine isn't it? Especially if you just start low with the psychedelic dosage you would want to try. It seems very skewed to take a huge jarring dose of DXM to make yourself ready for something that is probably not going to be as jarring and confusing as that.

I just realize you already had the 2.3 gram trip... but still, I don't see what the big problem is about being ready for it. You just feel that way after having familiarized yourself with the things psychedelics can do, or you don't.

^what does being ready for mushrooms or LSD mean? :eek:

your question "doesn't make" any sense, just like the quotation marks i just randomly used

In my experience if you have to ask the question "am I ready to do x drug?" you are usually not :) mindset and general mental health are very important factors when it comes to hallucinogens (and almost any other drug really). In the past when I was in the preparation stages to try a new drug I would inform myself to the point of saturation. After that I didn't have to ask myself "am I ready?" I just did it, it came natural. If I were to have any doubts at that stage I wouldn't have gone through with it, but I never had any doubts because I knew what to expect and I had no doubts about my mental 'preparedness'

Also every drug is in a way unique, though some have related effects. One drug will never completely prepare you for the experience that another drug will offer you. DXM is a dissociative as they said before me, this will be very different from for instance an LSD trip

Dissociatives and psychedelics are very different from each other. I can take high doses of dissociatives at any given time but I would not do the same with serotongergic psychedelics. For me, serotonergic psychedelics is a much more bumpy ride so to speak, it can easily get overwhelming, something that just doesn't happen with dissociatives. I'm much more prone to anxiety when using substances such as mushrooms than when using Ketamine.

Start out slow and you should be fine, just don't take a heroic dose and expect that you can handle it just because you are familiar with dissociatives.

And watch out with the DXM doses, 2,3g is insane. Try not go get ready for a coffin.

2.3 grams?!! 8o That must be a typo of sorts, I've been dexxing for years and my highest dose taken ever was 834mg, and even that was way too much and I doubt I'll go above ~600mg again. Summa y'all motherfuckers go crazy with that dex...

If you take more than about a gram of DXM chances are you will spend most of your trip blacked out and/or acting like a zombie.

I'm gonna say no, it won't prepare you at all for LSD or whatever. If you try to sprint so fast you injure yourself, does that mean you are qualified to drive a car afterwards?

Spirit? What?
Don't believe the hype...*flava*....but....bring something Bach. Plz.

For us 1% on the other side...

Please return to us and follow up on the discussion, if you leave us hanging I'm not sure where this thread is going and it may have to be concluded:

@sekio: maybe a 20 mph vehicle onto a handicapped spot.

Dude you don't have to nessecarly be ready in the sense I think your talking about. This is how I would have my first trip if I could do it over again(I've tripped on everything more times than I can count), go ahead and get like a half eighth of shrooms, doesn't really matter about the potency cause no matter what you'll feel it and that's all that matters for a first trip cause no matter what it's gunna be a mind blowout. So get the half eighth, an you should probably eat it at night with a good friend that your really comfortable with. Try and have the best and happiest and calm day you can so you go into the trip in a good ass mood. One thing you can't do I try and over think the trip and "how crazy" it's gunna be or anything like that. Just dose em, and just wait for the effects. When me and my buddies go deep with like 10+ hits of L we just sorta watch the world like a movie. Try and just watch everything like a movie plain and simple. Don't think about things to hard. All thoughts manifest pretty fast, so stay calm an positive. Don't overhype a situation. Have fun trippin dudemanbrooooo. Oh yeah, have some weed for the comedown, and try to not smoke while coming up the peak, cause it'll just make it more psychedelic, which could lead to overwhelming trippin

I had 60 mgs DXM earlier and I'm 95 percent sure I made this woman behind me visually aroused in my car by acting out all my thoughts with awkwardly overacted body language for like 25 minutes.. You had to be there. I'm pretty much hilarious.*heats up knuckles brushes off shoulder

But. Can't say I've ever had more than whatever one bottle is.

I had some friends once who used this amount once. I remember it being such an obscure reference to me coming from them. Guess it was powdered reasearch chemical though?? I don't know anything about that. They were saying everything was observed thru a projector screen, that was, the back of their minds. And it lasted 3 days.

However, I used DXM before shrooms/acid. Makes sense to me. Probably the legal status making the set and setting more non chalant.

DXM is probably much closer to mushrooms than LSD, and very unlike mescaline. I get what your saying. DXM at most comfortable dosages is more MDA-like, than a dissociative. So yes, experience with psychoactives is good.

However, DXM is a story, dream-like, experience sort of drug, acid is you switched on. Like a key in a special lock that feels like it never ends.

What kinda introspective shit were you getting into..

I'm sorry for the late reply guys. Some of you stated that I may be addicted and have an insane tolerance. This is not the case. I will admit, when I had first started using DXM, I was dexing every 2-4 weeks for a year. Now, I do it ever 3-4 months in much much lower doses. One of you also stated that 2.3g's may have been a "typo". Absolutely not. I think the case was that I passed my "50 trip limit". Tolerance with DXM builds fast from what I understand. I feel regretful about my first year of use. I was maybe 15-16 and was looking for something that had a bigger kick than your average bud. I did it a quite a bit then noticed something. DXM had made me create thoughts that I never would've been able to create sober, it made me feel weird emotions when I thought about certain things, it made me analyze life, it made me notice things I didn't notice before, etc... It was a pretty mind opening experience, so I decided, "Hey, this isn't something to be abused. This substance has somewhat of a potential." Many of you won't understand. I didn't really get into spiritual use of substances until after that realization on one of my DXM trips. Once again, many of you won't understand, will tell me that the spirituality experienced was a delusion caused by the dissociative drug, that DXM is a mind number rather than a mind opener. It's different for everyone. Also, my idea of spirituality may be different.
The above paragraph didn't have much to do with the question. I just wanted to clarify a few things. I will state that 2.3g's will never be touched again. Especially now that I am prescribed 300mg of Wellbutrin which is a very potent enzyme CYP2D6 inhibitor. Like I said above, I do much lower doses of DXM every 3-4 months. Doses around the 1st plateau range. I'll spend my time making music, making art, enjoying nature, life and beauty, thinking abstract thoughts, etc... I guess some of you are right to say that if I have to ask if I am ready, then I may not be ready. Personally, I do think I am ready. No, I'm not jumping into an insane high dose of the listed substances. I'm starting off with threshold dose to see how it goes. I just wanted to get the opinion of fellow Blue Lighters.

DXM (esp high doses) and wellbutrin is a recipe to get a hypertensive crisis. Bad idea to combine them at all. You're likely to have a very unpleasant time and an increased risk of heart attack, stroke, etc.

Sekio, I am aware of that which is why I do first plateau doses. Also, I really don't get negative side effects from it. I dose very carefully and know what I am doing. The experience is much different and less dissociative. It's more introspective and emotional. I also have some damn good open visuals in the dark that are really intense and very freaky.