L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

worst first date ever

mrsnowygrainius

Bluelighter
backstory- I work with a lot of mexicans that speak very little to absolutely no english at all at my job, over the past few months one of the girls (well call her S) had been giving me signs that she was into me. Im talking about her friends asking me random questions about myself and then giggling when id answer and yapping on and on in spanish, other signs where her blushing at me when id try to talk to her i mean her face turning so noticeably red, smiling at me, doing things like bringing me my paycheck then almost running away, id often catch her looking at me etc...

fast forward some time then the other women (her friends) kept asking me more often if i liked her, id say something like "maybe" or "possibly" then they'd commence to giggling again, they've even told me numerous times that S does indeed like me.

some warning signs- sometimes id try to talk to her because i knew she spoke very little or 0 english id say things like "hows your day going" and shed tilt her head and look at me like i had just asked her to suck me off or some shit. so i realized S could speak absolutely no english.

fast forward to 3 days ago (friday) i decided to ask her out, and i did after work i asked her for her number in spanish, she seemed very happy, almost overwhelmed she wouldn't look at me in the eyes kept looking away. Saturday we text a bit, I'm using a google translator to communicate with her, and she mentioned on friday that sunday she could meet up.

HERE IS THE ACTUAL NIGHTMARE DATE- sunday comes i go to pick her up and wow she looks amazing, all dressed up, you could tell she put a lot of effort into her outfit, i immediately ask her if she would like to go out to eat, she says "no", all the meanwhile I'm trying to talk to her but she can't understand anything, SO I HAD TO FUCKING use the google translator the entire date it still wasn't that effective but w.e. it was only thing i could thing of...

so we end up going for a walk on the boardwalk and got ice cream, the whole time it was very awkward many silences, there were times tho that i made her laugh a lot when we talked about work a bit i had her dying of laughter a few times tat was the only part of all of this i think went well

but like i said most of the time we were silent, we simply could not communicate, i also find out she's been living here for 12 fucking years and still can't or won't speak english she's from El Salvador, she's 32 I'm 24 btw...

so i take her back to her place and we sit in the car for what seemed like a silent eternity, i thought about trying to kiss her but i remembered i didn't want to be pushy because i still have to see this person EVERY DAY AT WORK.... i finally let her know that I'm going to leave, i think she seemed upset but i couldn't really tell, we hugged goodbye and that was it... i texted her in spanish later on that i was glad i got to see her, how beautiful she looked etc, she responded by saying the same things.

SUMMARY- i don't think she is going to learn english for me, so in order for this to work ID HAVE TO LEARN SPANISH for her... its only been one day of work since our date, i saw her and we just greeted each other like normal, i didn't see her the rest of the day, someone mentioned to me that she was wearing more makeup then usual but i didn't notice...so I'm wondering BL help me out!! i have no idea how this girl feels about me know, i have no idea what she thought of our hangout, we haven't texted at all since... i really am wondering if she still likes me, i feel bad because like i mentioned she was really dressed up and i wonder if she wanted me to take her to diner even though she said no, i wonder if she was disappointed like i have no idea

im also wondering if i should even bother taking her out again, what could we do? any ideas? its not like we could have deep conversations over diner.. should i even ask her out again?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be easier to ask her friends rather than us, total strangers?

English and spanish are pretty similar in a lot of ways. Maybe learn from each other? They do it on Sesame St and Dora so cant be that hard

She sounds immature for being 32. Be careful you could make things weird for yourself at work.

I wouldn't trust or respect someone who has been in a new country for 12 years yet not learned the native language.

I went on this date years ago with a kid from POF as a dare by a friend of mine.

I took off when I couldn't help but notice the enormous cross pendent around his neck.

Yuck!

It was worth losing the dare to not talk to this kid at all.