• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Worrying and deadly news

clubcard

Bluelighter
I see W-18 is showing up in green (?) 80mg oxycontin tablets. While human studies usually find a much lower potency and that p-NO2 is going to make it short-acting, what is worrying is that I BET that it's someone who has just found it on Wiki. I know this because anyone with access to ALL of the papers has found a number of other 'unlike any banned compound' BUT haven't appeared on Wiki. If they guy who ordered it knew that their is even a paper on how to make the precursor has just paid 4 or 5x what they needed (a legal in the US opioid).

Take a look at Croatia and across Scandinavia - a great number of fentanyl isomers are turning up and killing people while Mexico has 'Fentanyl Superlabs' BUT I also know that the UK doesn't even check for anything else is found once heroin is discovered.

Can you explain yourself a bit more, I feel like I'm missing most of the background info / topics that you are talking about..

Is this one of the matters to discuss:
http://www.vice.com/read/everything...g-thats-100-times-more-powerful-than-fentanyl

Or is your info from something more like a personal anecdote or web post?

edit: Oh no sorry vice is reporting on that Calgary news in the w-18 wiki ref sources.

http://www.macleans.ca/?dpsfa_artic...ful-than-fentanyl-hits-the-streets-in-alberta

Officers first found their answer in a household safe in Calgary’s rural outskirts last August. Inside was a familiar sight: 110 green pills, likely fentanyl, known on the streets as shady eighties or green beans. A random sample of 20 pills went for analysis to a lab in Burnaby, B.C. A week before Christmas, Health Canada’s results opened a new frontier in Alberta’s drug war: three pills instead contained W-18,

I wonder if the fact that there were 3 positive results out of 20 pills from the batch is because:
- sensitivity issues from the test itself
- 'hot pockets' of w-18 particles (seems most likely)
- contamination in the manufacture i.e. the previous reason but unintentional by the manufacturers
?

Last edited:
BL stumbled upon this in 2012.

I think the consensus was that it's a dumb idea to play with this. But obviously simple economics is the driving force behind this.

And apparently it was found in fake oxy tablets as early as 2014. So this story is not really new at all.