• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Worried about my friends abusing MDMA, they don't seem to care however?

dajazza

Greenlighter
I have a couple of mates who've recently tried rolling this year. And I'm kinda worried they're going way too hard. They've already rolled more than me when I started, and one of them went 3 weeks in a row rolling! Whilst the other just wants to roll whenever he gets the chance. I've spoken to another friend about this situation but he seems to brush it off lightly - "let them have they're fun bro far out". Is it time to intervene? Or am I just displaying nanny symptoms too much?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd try and get them to decrease to at least no more than once a month, but they're going to do whatever they want man there isn't really anything you can do about it

Sure, tell them the consequences that may happen with abusing the drug and simply warn them, but thats all and dont take it any further. Because they're gonna do what they want to do and its out of your control unfortunatley

If you try to stop them you might end up having the opposite effect and make them want more. Everyone is different, but definitely say something if it affects school, work, or some other life responsibility.

Perhaps you could show them bluelight and have them read up on some real-life stories? There isn't much more you can do, if they want to be hardheads they're going to be until they realize it isn't all sunshine and rainbows. They're actually lucky they have you, most people find this stuff out on their own the hard way

*edit* I'll add the (untested) prefix since I assume they aren't testing their drugs

Last edited:
^ This.

Just show them a few LTC and "is the magic lost" threads. That should make them think twice.

Have they been suffering any negative effects? Like depression, anxiety, paranoia, etc? Is it really affecting their lives negatively at all? It takes me a few months of weekend use before it starts getting bad. Every weekend isn't healthy over the medium to long term, but 3 weeks is nothing. You lose most of the good effects if you abuse MDMA too much & it's not very addictive, so it tends to be self limiting. It is possible to develop a dependence on it, but it takes some real dedication, ends up no fun. Finding out the hard way isn't usually very hard with MDMA, as long as they notice any subtle symptoms & stop, rather than just take more.

If you notice they stop having such a great time on it, start using it midweek, or if they get any negative effects - midweek depression is usually the first, that's when to have a word.

Weekly use is almost guaranteed to cause some problems after a while, but it's different for everybody, some people can handle it for months without a problem. Usually they'll find out when they need a break.

Encourage them to get test kits too, so they at least have some idea of what they're taking. You can't stop them taking drugs, even getting them to moderate use could be pretty impossible if they're only getting good effects so far, but you can encourage them to do it in less harmful ways without spoiling the fun & help them to notice any problems their use causes.

Last edited:
Listen to bluebull! Ive abused mdma in the worst ways like a 3 month binge. Eye learned the hard way. The feeling and rolling life stylr is easy to crave but less is more for sure.