• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

WORRIED about long comedown

theyoyoman

Greenlighter
Hello guys, so I've been doing a lot of research recently and reading a lot of on this forum and I have a major concern.
I'm planning to take some MDMA (very reliable source, claimed pure MDMA, tested clean) at the end of the year with my girlfriend for the first time. We're planning to take no more than 100mg (no redose, no mixing other substances) in a very controlled and relaxed setting (and if everything goes well also planning on taking it at EDC next summer). I'm also gonna follow strict harm reduction precautions including taking a list of supplements found on rollsafe.org, listed below. But still I'm terrified at the thought of having a long and dreadful comedown. It seems like at least a small percentage of people suffer really bad comedowns even following these rules.. or at least it seems so. So really my question is, is it even possible to avoid an inevitable long comedown, or did these people always do something wrong? And what solid tips can I follow.
Thanks guys.

EDIT: I'm also a moderate user of weed.

ROLLSAFE.ORG supplement list:
6 hours before:
200mg (2 pills, normally) Magnesium Glycinate
~1x Glass of Grapefruit Juice

1-3 hours before:
100mg Na-R-ALA (When buying, make sure it is Na-R-ALA, not R-ALA)
200mg Magnesium Glycinate
1000mg Vitamin-C (e.g. 1x Emergen-C packet)
100mg Grape Seed Extract
~1x Glass of Grapefruit Juice
500mg ALCAR
400mg EGCG
100mg CoQ10

30 mins before:
1x Tums/Rolaids (Not for harm reduction, unlike other supplements. Increases stomach alkalinity which prolongs the roll)

2 hours after dosing:
100mg Na-R-ALA
200mg Magnesium Glycinate
1000mg Vitamin-C
100mg Grape Seed Extract

4 hours after dosing:
100mg Na-R-ALA

That night:
5-10mg Melatonin

The following 3-7 nights:
100mg 5-HTP
400mg EGCG

Last edited:
First of all, well done on doing research before just putting shit in your body, looks like you have a good head inbetween those shoulders. 2nd of all TEST! TEST! TEST! No matter how ''legitimate'' the source is, you dont know what the fuck could be in the powder/pill you are taking. 100mg seems like a reasonable dose to take. Now getting to the comedown part, you should be fine. At the end of the day you don't know how your body will react to the substance but you should be fine with just 100mg. Good luck and enjoy :)

First of all, well done on doing research before just putting shit in your body, looks like you have a good head inbetween those shoulders. 2nd of all TEST! TEST! TEST! No matter how ''legitimate'' the source is, you dont know what the fuck could be in the powder/pill you are taking. 100mg seems like a reasonable dose to take. Now getting to the comedown part, you should be fine. At the end of the day you don't know how your body will react to the substance but you should be fine with just 100mg. Good luck and enjoy :)

Yes, I will definitely test more than once too just to be sure. But I mean yeah it just terrifies me when I read about some of the people who "followed the rules" (or at least they claim to) but still got fucked with LTC... I mean wtf happened to them?

That's what I'm saying man, you don't know how you will react but it would be unbelievably unfortunate to develop and ltc with a tested pill/powder and only 100mg. You are doing everything in your power to reduce harm and I'm sure you'll be fine

You shouldn't talk about specific events. If it's your first time...worrying about a come down is not something that should be on your worry list. More then likely you'll be glowing more then sad. And tbh...that whole list of pre roll supplementation...waist of energy. Your going to have the time of your life regardless of how much grape seed extract you eat.

Yes, I will definitely test more than once too just to be sure. But I mean yeah it just terrifies me when I read about some of the people who "followed the rules" (or at least they claim to) but still got fucked with LTC... I mean wtf happened to them?

If you're healthy beforehand (mentally and physically), test your drugs for purity, and stay hydrated, you'll be fine, even without the supplements.

I have trouble believing people have had issues really followed those 3 things:
1. be healthy
2. test drugs
3. drink water

Good job doing your research, you'll feel more comfortable and have a better time.

You shouldn't talk about specific events. If it's your first time...worrying about a come down is not something that should be on your worry list. More then likely you'll be glowing more then sad. And tbh...that whole list of pre roll supplementation...waist of energy. Your going to have the time of your life regardless of how much grape seed extract you eat.
Waste of energy? What do you mean? Well if you read rollsafe.org and other places that articles that reccommend supplements, it's more protection after the roll.. mostly protecting you from neurotoxicity, serotonin depletion, etc. During the roll obviously MDMA will do the magic by itself.

One dose of 100mg is highly unlikely to have a serious comedown if u drink water and take supplements

there is always a risk with any drug to have a bad reaction, it's just the chance u take.

the more u worry about it the worse it is goin to be, if it's actually MDMA I think u will be fine..I'm just going by my experiences, I've rolled over 20 times and im always back to baseline after a day or so..u will feel a little crappy the next day that is normal but don't obsess over it because u will only make it last longer

I was like you before my first time too, did lots of research, got supplements and tested my stuff. Was a little wary about a comedown (when I did coke it left me feeling horribly depressed for a whole week), I needed not be, I felt good afterwards. Nice little afterglow. Felt tired and lacked energy though, so just spent the day after in bed listening to music (which still sounds amazing the next few days after MDMA) and talking to my friends. No horrible comedown at all, just slight disappointment when the MD initially wore off.

I did 120mg initial dose and then a redose of 60mg twice.

Just go with the flow mate, you've done your research, you're going to have an amazing time and any apprehensions you have will be gone when you're rolling.

Definitely know your dealer. Don't go to some random dealer you or your friends don't know about or bought from. I don't think I had a bad comedown my first time but it's different for everyone. Also don't take so much your first time cause it won't take much to get you going. But if you can handle a coke comedown then you really shouldn't worry too much about Molly's comedown.

Focus on the positive aspects of taking MDMA. I am sure you have read how wonderful it makes people feel, and it will surely do this to you. Longterm comedown/depression is exceedingly rare, so why worry about that.

You can take all those supplements but really you just need to be comfortable and have fun, drink some water before, during and after (not excessively, think sips not gulps) and sleep at the end of the night. That was always my go to plan and while its been years, I would guess I have rolled somewhere between150 and 200 times.

shit, i too am terrified of taking MDMA now, after reading so many terrifying long term comedown stories, so i guess i kinda get where you're coming from OP

being reasonable though, i think it's pretty fair to say that doing it carefully and once (such as how you will do) is very unlikely to trigger such a massive negative reaction...

if you are still unsure after taking all these precautions, why don't you go for an analogue (such as one of the APB's)? what you don't want is, while in the comedown - while you're in a more mentally fragile state - you start to overthink and get too anxious, like "shit, i'm kinda sad... may be i fucked up?", and then triggering a depressive episode. if you go for a different drug then you can feel a little safer in your head...

Are there no horror stories from the APB's, neurotic? Ive never done them and have not really looked into much but OP would probably research it to hell as well.

yes, i read a few.

i mentioned the APB's because i feel as if i'm in a situation similar to OP's (wanna do empathogens, scared of long-term comedowns, researched a lot to put my mind at ease), and i am considering going for an analogue. i could not convince myself that MDMA was safe enough through research or reason, but the APB's *felt* safe enough to me (for reasons such as no nasty metabolites). i don't think one is safer than the other and can see this fear is irrational (doing MDMA once and carefully is very unlikely to put one in a long depressive state...), but as it's not a matter of reason anymore (one is already taking all precautions so an adverse reaction is extremely unlikely, still afraid though), *feeling* safe might be what OP is looking for.

yes, i read a few.

i mentioned the APB's because i feel as if i'm in a situation similar to OP's (wanna do empathogens, scared of long-term comedowns, researched a lot to put my mind at ease), and i am considering going for an analogue. i could not convince myself that MDMA was safe enough through research or reason, but the APB's *felt* safe enough to me (for reasons such as no nasty metabolites). i don't think one is safer than the other and can see this fear is irrational (doing MDMA once and carefully is very unlikely to put one in a long depressive state...), but as it's not a matter of reason anymore (one is already taking all precautions so an adverse reaction is extremely unlikely, still afraid though), *feeling* safe might be what OP is looking for.
Yeah I've never really heard of APB's.. is it similar to MDMA?
Wait so I guess you chose to not do MDMA? Yeah I mean I really want to.. and I've already spent money on them... just scared I guess. But you yourself said there's no actual reason you chose APB rather than MDMA, just feeling right?

what you don't want is, while in the comedown - while you're in a more mentally fragile state - you start to overthink and get too anxious, like "shit, i'm kinda sad... may be i fucked up?", and then triggering a depressive episode. if you go for a different drug then you can feel a little safer in your head...
so are you saying the best thing I can do if I wanna try MDMA is try to stay positive while on it? Is that even possible to think like that in that state, especially having all this information in my head already? lol

Last edited:
Focus on the positive aspects of taking MDMA. I am sure you have read how wonderful it makes people feel, and it will surely do this to you. Longterm comedown/depression is exceedingly rare, so why worry about that.

You can take all those supplements but really you just need to be comfortable and have fun, drink some water before, during and after (not excessively, think sips not gulps) and sleep at the end of the night. That was always my go to plan and while its been years, I would guess I have rolled somewhere between150 and 200 times.
Yeah I mean many people are able to abuse it weekly and have no ill effects.. and then there's the small amount of people who hear about that got fucked with responsible use. Sure it's rare but I guess I'm just very cautious.. and scared to death of any long term discomfort like that. But really don't some people react badly even with like weed? 'cause I love weed lol and am perfectly able to smoke daily sometimes with no negative effects.

But you yourself said there's no actual reason you chose APB rather than MDMA, just feeling right?

yep, just gut feeling. a lot of people would disagree with me on that, saying that MDMA has been used and researched more. the APB's are MDMA analogues that have similar effects, also make you roll etc... not to be abused either

so are you saying the best thing I can do if I wanna try MDMA is try to stay positive while on it? Is that even possible to think like that in that state, especially having all this information in my head already? lol

i actually meant to try to stay positive after the MDMA. i'm sure you'll be able to enjoy yourself while rolling lol, what i mean is that sometimes, for no particular reason, the days following the roll people feel a little down, maybe more anxious. that is the 'mentally fragile' state i was referring. you don't want to think then, that just because you're sad, that you did some damage to your brain or anything. it's normal to feel the comedown, even though sometimes people get the afterglows. i was saying that because i think that there are some people that took MDMA, then had a really rude comedown, and started overthinking about everything and it just made it much worse... so, enjoy and like Kitty said, focus on the positive aspects...

yep, just gut feeling. a lot of people would disagree with me on that, saying that MDMA has been used and researched more. the APB's are MDMA analogues that have similar effects, also make you roll etc... not to be abused either

i actually meant to try to stay positive after the MDMA. i'm sure you'll be able to enjoy yourself while rolling lol, what i mean is that sometimes, for no particular reason, the days following the roll people feel a little down, maybe more anxious. that is the 'mentally fragile' state i was referring. you don't want to think then, that just because you're sad, that you did some damage to your brain or anything. it's normal to feel the comedown, even though sometimes people get the afterglows. i was saying that because i think that there are some people that took MDMA, then had a really rude comedown, and started overthinking about everything and it just made it much worse... so, enjoy and like Kitty said, focus on the positive aspects...

Thanks for all your input, man. So how about you? Are you still reluctant to try MDMA? I mean from what you're telling me, it seems like you would be fine with it.

Sure it's rare but I guess I'm just very cautious.. and scared to death of any long term discomfort like that. But really don't some people react badly even with like weed? 'cause I love weed lol and am perfectly able to smoke daily sometimes with no negative effects.

are you scared to death by peanut butter? there are a few people (interestingly way more in english speaking countries; somwhere between 0.5 and 1.5% in the u.s.) who are allergic to peanuts and can have an anaphylactic shock and die if they eat peanut butter (if they aren't rushed to the hospital within minutes or have an adrenalin pen at home). if you never eat peanuts you never know if you're one of those people and will definitely never have an anaphylactic shock from eating peanuts, but you also won't get to taste peanut butter.
it's really not that much different for mdma and "long term comedowns". i'd actually put the risk lower than for peanut allergy with responsible use, but definitely higher for abuse.

there are definitely some people who react badly to weed. i've had severe derealisation for many months due to weed. one hit from joint with shitty/weak weed will make reality feel like a dull and dead projection for a week. while i won't ever do cannabis again, i wouldn't tell anyone to never do weed in their lives, nor to be scared of possible long term effects with responsible use.

only shit mdma will give you long comedowns or if you take a huge amount of it eg 1G +. If you really are scared of a comedown, have some vallium/etizolam to hand as it will comepletely wipe your (feeling dirt) feeling. I never get comedowns no matter how much i take. MDMA is a very safe substance if taken in low quantities (300mg- for a night) so if its tested clean theres NO worries there. drink plenty, eat plenty, I'd suggest eating a large meal before hand and wrapping up two 140mg bombs 1 for each of you. guaranteed best night you've had :) maybe take a bit less for women they CAN react much stronger to it. Any other questions just ask. Orange juice when you've come off your high but most likely you can just go to sleep if its clean MD