• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

World’s first ecstasy shop to open in amsterdam on monday

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
pills-rex.jpg

Just when you thought that the liberal clubbing capital of Amsterdam couldn't get anymore lenient or progressive in its drug policy, the Dutch Liberal Democrats youth wing have announced that for one day they will be opening the world's first MDMA shop in order to highlight the need for harm reduction over prohibition.

With the shop set to open its doors at 11am Monday morning at 10 Rosmarijnsteeg in Amsterdam's city center, the progressive political group's intention is to display "why regulation is better than leaving the distribution to illegal street dealers", and to keep within the confines of the current law they will be handing out placebos*.

They explained on their site MDMJA.nl: "We can prevent minors from buying, make sure there is no overdose in pills and educate people on ways to minimize the risks involved with ecstasy-usage."

Open only for a single day, the shop aims to bring the conversation of MDMA decriminalisation to the Dutch parliament, in the hope that they can educate people at a grassroots level of the dangers of drug use. The group require 40,000 signatures on their site MDMJA in order to bring the issue up for debate.

Last year it was reported that three people died as a result of MDMA consumption at ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event), and the country, which is widely known for its decriminalisation of cannabis, has often lead the way in conversations about drug harm reduction and progressive addiction programs.

[Via: Pulse]

* Article amended on 16/5/2015 to explain that all pills distributed will be placebos.

Source: http://www.mixmag.net/read/worlds-first-ecstasy-shop-to-open-in-amsterdam-on-monday-news

I was crestfallen when I read placebo. But still a very cool advocacy effort.

...I wonder why there's no youth parties in the U.S...
you know, besides the fact that young people don't vote..

Do you mean political parties?

One big reason is we are intentionally stuck in a designed and promoted two party system. Almost impossible to infiltrate... That's why my man Rand Paul is masquerading in costume as we post.. GO RP GO!!

Some peaceful people would say that a citizen referendum changes the world. Some violent people would say that on rowdy protest does more than all the votes.

On the national level how much of a vote is choosing between two people who represent tow parties and the big money that owns them. Worse than Nascar.

chapter-map.jpg

http://ssdp.org/ :)

Am I missing something here? What is the point of handing out a bunch of sugar pills? I understand trying to get the conversation started but it seems they could do that without using any pills at all.

Am I missing something here? What is the point of handing out a bunch of sugar pills? I understand trying to get the conversation started but it seems they could do that without using any pills at all.

Second that...

Hope we got some decriminalization of mdxx chemicals goin on.

O_O ... that's great news. Totally unexpected, but still great news, even if they are just selling candy.

Peter Hitchens would love to read about this - so much so in fact, that there would be steam coming out his ears. There's more where that came from Peter.

That edit is a massive edit that fully changes the entire thing. It is still a good effort and the beginnings of changing the way it is viewed. I was seriously considering making a vacation to go visit museums there ASAP but now I will wait a little longer ;)

I was crestfallen when I read placebo. But still a very cool advocacy effort.

...I wonder why there's no youth parties in the U.S...
you know, besides the fact that young people don't vote..

I was there 3 weeks ago. I would have been gutted if this was real

I'm going to go out and hand out free parsley. Hopefully it will help with legalising weed here!??@?##!?)(_(+$*&@%!

I hope they have some classic presses like mitsubishis.