• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Working with edible oil - what a fucking mess

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
I don’t blame the company for this; it’s squarely Health Canada’s fault.

I bought a 30 ml bottle of 30 mg/ml THC in grapeseed oil. Per HC regulations, the bottle is 900 mg THC total. However, each container must include a mechanism for dispensing/measuring out a 10 mg dose. They include a zero dead volume 0.3ml reusable plastic pipette/syringe.

There is a semi attached lid on top of the bottle through which you must insert said syringe, withdraw your dose and remove the syringe. You can’t take more than 0.3ml at a time (Oh, I tried). Absolutely useless for dosing (for me). So tomorrow I’ll crack the top off and just make banana bread. I’ll post pictures so you can, uh avoid this, should you ever find yourself in Canada.

Tom
(In Manitoba they have these Pez like distillate dispensers; one click gives you 25 or 50 mg. I imagine they have this in thenUS too)

Last edited:
are you talking about the emprise nano hypernova kit?
easy to take off the top and then carefully pour into
to a used dropper bottle - freedom from extra plastic fetishes.

I like the product and kept other bottles.

No, there isn’t Emprise products in Nova Scotia, sadly.It was Good Supply (Aphria?) and the top was (don’t really know how to describe it - kimda silicony and the syringe is supposed to go right through.

Gonna pick up a couple of oral sprays when I go shopping\ today.

Tom

@Thomas Davie
let me know what the spray is like.
after more than a week of regular hypernova use (up to 15 drops per day - equal to ~30mgthc/day)
2 drops in the morning coffee are quite noticeable. (i.e. 4mgthc)

yesterday during a lonnng walk with wife, I was happy that I carried one of those overpriced plastic wrapped half inch square gels with 10mg thc in my wallet to soften mounting hip pain; I will start to carry the hypernova in a very small eye drop container. in case of emergency...

Screen-Shot-2017-09-12-at-7.31.41-PM-500x395.png

@pupnik I bought a Twd sativa and a TWD indica spray. Pump atomizer, with no aerosol gas of any kind involved (as per Health Canada). just cannabis extract diluted in edible oil.

Absolutely no idea how to use this properly. No dosing guidance and no idea how much to take. I started with 5 pumps, then 10 a d have just worked my way to 30ish sprays. It hits quicker than a normal edible for me; a bit of a head rush 5-15 minutes in and by 1 hour it’s a pure body high. gone-ish by 2-3 hours. It definitely is very relaxing and kills all arthritis pain for the evening - but no clue how much I’m using. Tonight, about 24 hours after first opening/using it’s empty.

The plunger just….stops. No way to disassemble, which is sad b/c it’s just THC and MCT oil. It’s more tiring than anything else really.

Tom
(not going to buy again)

@pupnik Try a new product called Edison Jolts. They look like small hard lemon candies but are apparently minty/lemon. There are 10x10mg per package and itbypasses the 10 mg per package limit b/c these are not supposed to be eaten at once, but slowly over 10 minutes. Hence they are considered sublingual and not an edible. And at a $20 price point it’s the cheapest Cdn edible/edible like product. Bit not water soluble.

Not available in Nova Scotia, but are in New Brunswick and I’m going to be there in December for a few days so will grab them.

Tom

@pupnik Try a new product called Edison Jolts. They look like small hard lemon candies but are apparently minty/lemon. There are 10x10mg per package and itbypasses the 10 mg per package limit b/c these are not supposed to be eaten at once, but slowly over 10 minutes. Hence they are considered sublingual and not an edible. And at a $20 price point it’s the cheapest Cdn edible/edible like product. Bit not water soluble.

Not available in Nova Scotia, but are in New Brunswick and I’m going to be there in December for a few days so will grab them.

Tom
I will look for them!!!