View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Working out/psychedelics

MrYessir

Greenlighter
Is Genius. I'm not saying WHILE tripping, but would like insight from those who have tried. I'm a lil slim but i feel the psychedelics are telling me to form into a physically stronger entity. I love that they do not want to weaken me. I am comfortable with myself but i am being told to get my body strong and healthy to go against the grain. Whatever you can do, hiking, sports, weights, walking, please do it. I want to be the healthiest warrior i can be physically and mentally. I keep having a vision of my god body. I gotta do it to prove it to myself. How do u feel about fitness/psychedelics? We are the face of the come up! Let's represent

Last edited:
Just don't go lifting weights haha...a good walk can be nice, especially if it's out in some nature imo

Just don't go lifting weights haha...a good walk can be nice, especially if it's out in some nature imo
I broke some of my powerlifting PBs while tripping... it's not as bad an idea as you'd think.

I respect the OP's experience but to me psychedelics "tell me" the opposite: I feel more and more that "I" am my consciousness/soul/being muchmore than "I" am my body. Surely, as I'm tied to this body for a (hopefully) long time, it shouldn't be neglected, but I don't feel like it should be my main focus.

I cycle like a madman after half a hit of LSD, smoalked DMT increases HGH as well and is a good little pick me up when you take a low dose halfway through your ride.

In short, I absolutely love cycling in nature on low doses of lsd/dmt.

Riding bikes, walking, hiking, swimming, and light weight lifting/sit ups/push ups/yoga, are all good ideas of ways to spend the come up or whilst actually tripping if your experienced enough. I've found the combination delightful and work out at least a smidgen before every trip as well as while I'm on the come up.

Haha pardon me i should have mentioned i wasn't promoting lifting while under the influence. I'll edit that into the beginning. I just mean before haha

I broke some of my powerlifting PBs while tripping... it's not as bad an idea as you'd think.
thats fuckin awesome. somebody did throw a perfect game on LSD so the possibilities are infinite %)

I respect the OP's experience but to me psychedelics "tell me" the opposite: I feel more and more that "I" am my consciousness/soul/being muchmore than "I" am my body. Surely, as I'm tied to this body for a (hopefully) long time, it shouldn't be neglected, but I don't feel like it should be my main focus.
Well said. I never felt it to be necessary either but am just at a point where I wanna prove to myself I can do it.

I cycle like a madman after half a hit of LSD, smoalked DMT increases HGH as well and is a good little pick me up when you take a low dose halfway through your ride.

In short, I absolutely love cycling in nature on low doses of lsd/dmt.
Hahah you must have felt on top of the world i gotta try that

I don't have experience doing this, i heard some people take mxe and work out tho. but the next day it feels nice

Just don't go lifting weights haha...

Good recommendation. If you're athletic and train daily you'll comprehend this. If you get an injury you can't train and you'll end up crashed out feeling like knocking your head against the wall. You could easily injure your back if you simultaneously take hallucinogens and strength train.

While tripping I find that I become both physically and mentally exhausted. Weirdly enough, having a nice long run or riding my bike for 15 minutes makes me feel much more refreshed and rested, as if all of the energy that was trying to escape my body, has settled. I definitely recommend exercising to give you a short break from your mind and body whenever you need it.

I've done this while on cannabis but I was doing cardio exercise like riding a bike, yoga/meditation, or running/walking.

Save weight lifting for when you're sober.

Definitely save lifting for sober time. It's a great way to balance mental exercise (with physical exercise) but not at the same time

I'm not the weight lifting type, but I do naturally have good stamina sober, and I can (and usually do) dance for hours without ever becoming tired on psychedelics. But just because the artificial stimulation carries you forward doesn't mean your real body can. Its important to pace yourself because psychedelics are not giving you super human abilities(though you may dance in fractals you can't sober), and I've seen many a dancing, tripping/rolling fool pass out from heat exhaustion at shows. Keep hydrated and take breaks. I have good endurance, and I do run/dance sober several times a week as well. If you haven't been training at all and suddenly you are doing strenuous activity for hours on end, obviously the results can be less then ideal.