• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Working out on meth

Viv5400

Greenlighter
Hey guys! I've been using for going on 5 years, I usually slam but had a bad missed shot not too long ago so I'm holding off to stay on the safe side, so currently back to smoking! I hate that I lose muscle so fast, I stay drinking at least a gallon of water (on my good days) and also eat clean to keep my body functioning right. I take vitamins uaually as well. I work out on a regular basis but when I attempt to do so high, my bones just don't seem to work the same. I think I'm gonna do a full workout just to give it a shot, would anybody say this would keep my muscles going or just no point in attempting BC the dope is just eating them anyway and it could harm them? If that makes senses lol....basically can I workout and it be a positive effect for my body and on my bones or negative as in heavy lifting could harm them or something? Please somebody lol I've got the energy all the time might as well be useful right??!

Working out is good for any healthy person, and it shouldnt be harming you, even though the methamphetamine is. If i were you, i would work out on a regular basis, but i would keep it mostly cardio based since your heart is probably being hurt the most (other than your brain) by your usage. Youve got the right idea though, if youre going to use drugs, its always a good idea to keep the rest of your body in the best possible shape

Just stay cool, overheating can make you worse off and seriously damage muscles.
The only time I have enough energy to workout is when I'm spun. Yoga is great while you're on dope. Works the muscles, joints, low impact, steady breathing, heart rate increases slowly, and you stretch out all those muscles that are contracting.
Just don't over do it and hurt yourself.

I second this, working out can not be good while on meth..like at all...especially cardio. just stick with stretching while on meth