• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Working in a government job and giving real information about drugs.

madmick19 said:
this is actually a common misconception around knowledge around drugs, just because you have tried drugs that the "Client" has tried doesn't give you anymore credibility to that person, its just a link where you can identify better with them (for you're self).

well a councellers drug experience allows a certain degree of "ah I understand" rather than "wtf is he on about" when the client is describing certain aspects that they cant get away from because they love so much, or certain aspects that they hate themselves for for putting themselves through so often.
As for the client, I myself have spoken to councellers a few times and found that if they havent taken the drug im talking about its just impossible to relate to them, something which imo is very important to have if you need to offload onto the person... example: talking about pills, how can you get across how the feeling has gone from superhappy to munted to someone whos never been there? how are you supposed to describe munted without pretending to chew your eyebrow off in an attempt to show them? info on ecstasy usually focuses on the physical feelings and beyond that jsut uses the word euphoria... thats not helpful information, and its not useful to anyone. The same goes for lots of drugs.

As I mentioned, personal history of addiction is unrelated to success as a counselor. In general, it neither improves nor degrades client outcomes. I don't think recovering counselors are necessarily "stuck," any more than the rest of us. I find that overidentification is the biggest problem, which tends to happen more during the early years of the counselor's own recovery.

From personal correspondence between madmick19 & William miller PhD

but at the end of he day this thread is about being honest with employers so i am bailing ......adios

Last edited:
psycosynthesis said:
I called the government hotline after reading that steaming pile of shit booklet about drugs, asking why my government was distributing such gross misinformation and propaganda. The dude at the other end of the line had nothing to say, except for giving me the address of the health minister so I could make a formal complaint. I expect he'd been trained to do nothing less than repeat the bullshit contained in the pamphlet.

lol that's pretty funny man
top work.

i feel sorry for the bloke tho,
i work in a call center, and of course i get people wanting to speak to our complaints department... (which we dont have)
have to send off a letter to our head office.

or people will ring up calling me,
and singling me out with personal attacks,

just because their service has been switched off cos the silly fuck hasnt paid a bill in the past 3 months.

but nonetheless.
sometimes you get a call that catches you off guard.

had a guy call me up the other night,
had absolutely nothing to do with his account, or the services we provide

this was a bloke in his 50s. balling his eyes out, wanting someone to talk to.
they really do not pay us enough for this shit

but back on topic..
top marks for effort
and top marks for saying exactly what i thought too

that facts pack was such a pile of shit, and a waste of perfectly good trees.

hopefully rudd wont waste his time publishing such garbage

sounds like you work for a pay tv company or something. some times u get the weirdest calls. some sound like retards. which i usually just go hello? hello? while theyre talking and press Hang Up and hope the manager isnt listening in :p

Last edited: