• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Work stress

stayhealthy970

Bluelighter
So I need some advice about work . So my question is I think I'm getting mild depression from work! The reasoning I work In the oli feild 12+ hours a day with a bunch of guys. An I only get 2 hours a day of free time to spend with my family! I'm only 23 an fill that I'm going to work my life a way an not have time for my self of my family. An my weekends I have to get things done that I didn't have time to do during the week.

So what should I do? Change jobs? But if I do that I'll most likely take a pay cut

I fell into a job about 7 years ago that required 12 hour shifts an hour from my home. My boys then were 10 and 3, so I understand the struggles this encompasses. It wasn't even something I wanted to do, but I had been a stay at home mom for quite a while, lived in a small town without a lot of options for what I did before. And after going through a lot of savings after pursuing a career in real estate (mistake, this was when florida was taking a dive) I needed a damn job, so I just did it. It was a position as a deputy in our local jail, I worked in corrections. So a bit similar to you, I would say. Working in a guys world. The days I worked, I didn't have any time with my family. I luckily have an incredible spouse who picked up the slack at home and frankly is a better mommy than I at times. A while back I said fuck this shit. I got pregnant with a third child and realized this was not a life I wanted to continue with. Law enforcement isn't great pay, but 40K in a small town with cheap real estate and 5 weeks of vacation a year is pretty great. It was a hard choice but I quit. I left to go to nursing school, something I always wanted to do but never thought I had the time, money or smarts to complete. I haven't even begun my nursing program yet, I have a few months, but I quit and decided to make it work. Between part time work and responsibly accessing my retirement funds, we are determined to make it happen. And I have been THRILLED despite our requirements to cut back and be more conservative. No more shopping every day off, cut back on the pedis and 150 dollar hair salon trips. Basically all the fun shit had to go out the window, but I wouldn't go back to my previous job for a million dollars.

tl;dr Do not ever stay in a job that you are unhappy in. You will find a way to make money and survive, and do it happy and content.

oh OP, I can definitely relate to the work stress. Everytime I go to work now my mood goes all the way down like a speeding bullet. My work is highly stressful and it is definitely hell this year until two of my coworkers on maternity leave come back, but that's if they are coming back.

I am trying to not think of work as soon as 5:00pm hits but I feel you OP, there are just days when it is so hard not to get affected specially if everything that day goes all wrong or if you can't finish anything because people bother you all the time and can't freaking wait and see that you are in a very bad spot.

I once had a job that was 24/7 for 12-16 month stints....

The most important thing with jobs of this nature is your nutrition, it honestly sounds like you are not getting enough calories or you diet is out of whack. Check into that first, and if doesn't help start supplementing with some 5-HTP or something.

You need to learn to love your job, and it sort of won't look like a job anymore it'll just seem as your doing something you enjoy and getting paid for it. I've always said try and turn your hobbie into your job so your getting paid for your passion in life, wich probably means your going to do it 110x better than something you don't like.

And like previous poster said nutrition, that is key to happyiness and success. I read somewhere that the mind becomes moody and feels down when lacking in certain nutrients, omega3 oil is surpose to maintain mood levels and other foods have similar qualits.