• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Work from home.

Enlight Spurrett

Bluelighter
What payed computer jobs are available that you can do from home without any formal qualifications? I live in the UK and can earn up to £110 per week and no more (due to benefits). Anybody have any ideas?

There is lots of money to be made on the Internet and most of it is something you have to be self motivated to make. Nobody is going to just hand you a bunch of work without you going out and finding it or making it on your own.

I work from home and I spend about 1-2 hours a day generating new leads and income.

I am self motivated. I just can't find anything online that you cam do without formal qualifications. Could you point me in the right direction?

Well can you do anything? You don't need formal qualifications but you do need to be an expert in something or do something well. There are so many ways to go. I bank on my qualifications and experience, so my path is different.

Once you establish yourself as an authority on a particular subject/niche market, web-traffic will surge and that's where you want to have some sort of affiliate marketing or product to sell.

Take a look at financialsamurai.com for example, the writer does have a masters in business admin and worked in finance.. but he built that blog from the ground up through his own knowledge and experience on the subject and is now considered an established authority on personal finance. He earn's almost $200,000 in passive income alone, on top of the consulting work he does.

It's an extreme example, but there's others who do similar online work earning a lot less through publishing an e-book or through sponsorships/affiliate programs.

There's also networks like fiverr.com where people offer to do online work like copywriting, drawings, voice-over/video work, web design.. and some real strange stuff too.

And of course there is YouTube, some of the people on there have no formal qualifications but have enough knowledge on video editing and production (most likely self-taught online) and an interesting enough idea and content that there able to build enough views and subs to generate money. It's not easy doing any of this.. it's hard work to consistently push out new creative content to maintain readers/viewers/subscribers and making sure it's marketed correctly.

Last edited:
lol fiverr. So much shit comes out of that site. I know businesses that tried to go cheap on logos and got sued for copyright infringement because their logo was an edited version of an official site.

I guess you could earn $110/week there, but you'd be working so many hours. The only time that place is worth it is if you click a button and send off the results.

I am self motivated. I just can't find anything online that you cam do without formal qualifications. Could you point me in the right direction?
put yourself in a potential employer's shoes. would you hire you? what would you need you to do to demonstrate that you're worth hiring?

alasdair

Last edited:
I do some freelance editing on remote contracts sometimes. It's very unusual to get the kind of editing jobs that I've done without formal qualifications, though - I've kind of lucked out with a good body of past experience, a couple of awards to my name, and the fact that I'm a current student. I definitely think my opportunities for this kind of work will increase when I finish my degree.

Sorry, that's not very helpful. :(

I do some freelance editing on remote contracts sometimes. It's very unusual to get the kind of editing jobs that I've done without formal qualifications, though - I've kind of lucked out with a good body of past experience, a couple of awards to my name, and the fact that I'm a current student. I definitely think my opportunities for this kind of work will increase when I finish my degree.

Sorry, that's not very helpful. :(

When it comes to editing and writing, the money is in being an expert in a field and selling based on expertise.