• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Word of the Day!

Dalliance: the deliberate act of delaying and playing instead of working

First appearing in Middle English, the noun dalliance stems from the verb dally, meaning "to waste time, to act playfully, especially in a flirtatious way." Dalliance often describes a casual flirtation — generally something short-term and not very serious. Your aunt may blush when you mention her dalliance with the rugby player she met that time in Dublin. Dalliance can also refer to goofing off when you should be working. Your coworker's continued dalliance can result in missed deadlines.

Diligence

1. Earnest and persistent application to an undertaking; steady effort; assiduity.
2. Attentive care; heedfulness.

AUDIT

noun
1. an official examination and verification of accounts and records, especially of financial accounts.
2. a report or statement reflecting an audit; a final statement of account.
3. the inspection or examination of a building or other facility to evaluate or improve its appropriateness, safety, efficiency, or the like: An energy audit can suggest ways to reduce home fuel bills.

4. Archaic. a judicial hearing.
5. Obsolete. an audience.

verb (used with object)
to make an audit of; examine (accounts, records, etc.) for purposes of verification.
7. to attend (classes, lectures, etc.) as an auditor.
8. to make an audit of (a building or other facility) to evaluate or improve its safety, efficiency, or the like.

verb (used without object)

9. to examine and verify an account or accounts by reference to vouchers.

extirpate: to remove or destroy totally; do away with; exterminate.

current usage - When a species not longer exists in it's natural habitat, it's said to have been extirpated. Wild horses have been completely extirpated, surviving now in captivity and a few isolated colonies.

disappointment
noun
dis·ap·point·ment \ˌdis-ə-ˈpȯint-mənt

Simple Definition of disappointment

• : the state or feeling of being disappointed
  • : someone or something that disappoints people
  • : a disappointing person or thing

Composure

[h=3][/h]
noun

Serene, self-controlled state of mind; calmness; tranquillity.

Anisotropy - Anisotropic: [of an object or substance]

having a physical property that has a different value when measured in different directions.

A simple example is wood, which is stronger along the grain than across it.

galactophagist

n, milk drinker

eg.

I wish are were a
galactophagist but i suffer from lactose intolerance

You can always drink milk lactose free. I do and I frankly don't see any difference.

Victorious

vic·to·ri·ous
vikˈtôrēəs/
adjective

Last edited:
Kakistocracy .. Government under the control of the nation's worst or least-qualified citizens. sounds familiar.

Last edited:
Adulting (v):

to carry out one or more of the duties and responsibilities expected of fully developed individuals (paying off that credit card debt, settling beef without blasting social media, learning how to avoid fiending for drugs you once found moreish, etc). Exclusively used by those who adult less than 50% of the time.

I have a little over two years and am doing much better at adulting.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Nice word suits me quite well. ;)

AMAZED

adjective

1. greatly surprised; astounded; suddenly filled with wonder

Demarcation
1. the boundary of a specific area
2. a conceptual separation or distinction

Demarcation comes from the German word for mark. Although it's often used as a term regarding geographical borders and boundaries, it can also be used to describe lines between categories or groups. For example, a definite demarcation exists between people who love the Boston Red Sox and those who love the New York Yankees.

Serene

adjective1.calm, peaceful, or tranquil; unruffled:

2.clear; fair.

3.(usually initial capital letter) most high oraugust (used as a royal epithet, usuallypreceded by his, your, etc.)

noun4.serenity; tranquillity.

5.Archaic. a clear or tranquil expanse of sea orsky.

camraderie

/ˌkäməˈrädərē,ˌkaməˈrädərē/

noun
mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together.

^ That's a nice word.

Victorious

adjective

1. having achieved a victory; conquering; triumphant.

2. of, relating to, or characterized by victory.

Nostalgic

Experiencing or exhibiting nostalgia, a sentimental or wistful yearning for the happiness felt in a former place, time, or situation.