• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Woody Harrelson: my father, the contract killer

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Woody Harrelson plays psychopaths brilliantly. It couldn't be anything to do with his dad's day job, could it? He talks about coming to terms with the terrible truth and his new film, Rampart

(This is an extract from the end of the article. Please read the whole thing here.)

(...)

Twelve years ago the family moved to Hawaii. He'd been introduced to America's 50th state by the country singer Willie Nelson. "I went to see Willie play and at the end up comes Annie his wife and she goes, 'Willie wants to hang with you on the bus.' We open the door, and I see through the fog this guy holding up a big fatty. So I go in and start hanging with the Willie and I don't know this is going to become one of my best buddies in life." Nelson invited him to his home in Hawaii, Harrelson and Laura discovered Maui, the remote part of the island, and that was that. For three years he didn't make a movie – he just got on with remaking a life, hanging with the Willie on his porch, strumming guitar, smoking big fatties and writing (his play, Bullet For Adolf, co-written by Frankie Hyman, premiered in Toronto in 2003).

Are the hell-raising days over, then, or is he going to walk out of here and smack another photographer? "Oh yeah. I will never, ever even touch a cameraman. Never." It's funny how your sweet and scary sides happily coexist, I say. "Yeah. Heh! Heh! Heh! Heh!" And now he really does laugh like crazy. "Hey, man, the paparazzi, they will make you angry, that's their whole thing. It's a better picture. I've had a lot of expensive lessons on that score." With anger or the paparazzi? "The combination." Did something change in you? "No, I still have emotions bubble up, but I think I probably have a better rein on them. My whole thing now is I put my head down and keep walking."

A man comes into the room carrying two huge green smoothies.

"Hey, buddy!" Harrelson says.

"Hey, buddy!" the man says.

"This is Simon," Harrelson says. "This is Stan the man." He tastes the smoothie. "That is just awesome, the best smoothie on earth. Lots of berries, kale, kiwi, plum, pineapple, cinnamon, hemp seed." Harrelson eats mainly raw food. "There's a spoon right there, have some."

So I do, and it tastes wonderful.

"Wo, I can see you transforming in front of me," Harrelson says.

"It's good. Did you say that was kiwi in it?" I say.

"No," says Stan the man. "Ki-weed!"

"I forgot to tell you, it's spiked!" Harrelson says. And the pair of them fall about laughing.

As he finishes his smoothie, I say to Harrelson that he seems to have had a pretty amazing life. He nods and slurps. "It's quite a dichotomy," he says and he tells me one last story. "I was in a taxi the other night, and we started talking about life and the taxi driver goes, 'Chaos and creativity go together. If you lose one per cent of your chaos, you lose your creativity.' I said that's the most brilliant thing I've heard. I needed to hear that years ago."

Now that was a great read...........Woody was & will be one of my favorite actors that I like to watch on screen. Seems like a cool guy that you could hang out with & have fun.

Ugh! Not even more self promotion of Rampart from Woody Harrelson!

See here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/p9a1v/im_woody_harrelson_ama/

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/i-used-to-love-woody-harrelson-but-now-i-think-hes-a-scumbag

NSFW:
c3fb061ab2ab3f5301ea2bebbf237194.jpg

I like some of Woody's movies/roles, and he is handsome to me and (to me) has a handsome face that reminds me of a hot bisexual male friend of mine even down to the gap in his teeth, but I'm not going to pay to see Rampart. Instead I'll just wait until it's on DVD or watch it on netflix at my friend's house.

I would like to make a smoothie like that though it does sound good.

Last edited: