European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Woodentops "dont bother with cannabis anymore.."

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Police are making a record 358 cannabis seizures a day, finding drugs on the streets of Britain around every four minutes, shock new figures show.

Drug busts of cannabis are at a six-year high due to a surge in stop and search by officers on the streets, official figures show.

In the year ending March 2020, there were 130,751 seizures, a 21 per cent increase on 2019 when the drug was found on 108,362 occasions and the highest numbers of raids since 2014.

I know the deservedly negative reaction I will get to this post and that the background will only make total sense to those members who have had to read about my pathetic domestic situation. But as someone who has had multiple contact with the police (as recently as since I made my last BL post), in large for drug possession, I learned following my first arrest for cannabis possession how to handle the police, an approach that has seen me treated not only fairly but, on one occasion, allowed to keep a small amount of drugs due to the officers recognition that ignoring a 0.2 bag of gear would allow them to de - arrest me and avoid wasting 6 hours of their shift processing me through custody.

The trick has always relied on my acceptance of getting a 'fair cop' and by co - operating fully and not bullshitting them and once they quickly realise they are in charge of the situation they treat me with respect as I make their job easier. As the years have passed I have found I no longer have to actively refuse to tell them where the drugs come from, as while they will still attempt the fish they now start from the understanding that while they would welcome the intelligence, they acknowledge that alongside the hypocrisy of grassing up a dealer, the potential compromise to my personal safety is not worth getting what would amount to a burner number that, accompanied by nothing more than an initial (they are all called 'D'. 'T', or 'J' and always have been) will be changed within a week or two anyway)..

Anyway, my mothers years of escalating anti - social behaviour finally became objectively unmanageable 2 weeks ago - with no car I often catch a lift into the City when my Dad needs to go shopping, with me missioning off to see my main weed person while my parents are in the supermarket. My mother was so uncontrollably violent in the car that day that I had to spend most of the ride locked in the boot (her latest tactic being to use her house key to stab me in the back of the head if in the front of the car which changed on this day to my legs while attempting to sit in the back). When we stopped for gas close to the city centre I got in the back seat again, but as soon as we started to drive off she tried to get out of the car, resulting in my having to restrain her to prevent injury, the obvious result being that she started fighting with my Dad and I again, attracting the attention of everyone at the petrol station. I quickly explained to my dad that an APB pr similar notice would be put on the car, resulting in him having to return home after I quickly ejected myself from the car, still desperate to get my weed which was waiting in a dead drop for me to collect. After grabbing the weed and spending 3 hours walking the 12 miles home in the baking sunshine, I arrived back at my house half dead and unsurprised to find out that our local Police Force had already sent officers to the house as I was walking home. So, exhausted, I skinned up and smoked enough of the joint to ensure that house stunk of weed when no longer that 15 minutes later, 2 officers arrived from WMP to detain me and my father on suspicion of abducting my mother. They separated the 3 of us, but they quickly accepted that it was in fact my Dad and I that were the injured parties with the puncture wounds still bleeding and visible on both of us.

I quickly got ahead of the officer I was speaking to by explaining my drug misuse issues and despite the mutual acknowledgement of the weed smell in the house the cop quickly reassured me that I need not worry about the drugs as he was not concerned in the slightest about potential drug possession as opposed to my families safety and I, with him expressing his personal opinion that the drug issue did not even come close in importance to the serious assaults my Dad and I had endured. Forgetting that they had my mobile number on my PNC file from a previous bail arrangement, the officer (who couldn't have been any older than 25/26) the officer even made the effort to text me the day after to check things had calmed down, leaving his work mobile, name and collar number should I need any assistance from him in the future.

I never have and still do not trust the Police as an institution but I cannot deny that the majority of the officers I have dealt with over the decades have been very reasonable and have looked the other way with respect to my drug use on what now is 2 occasions.

This could be just a result of increased weed usage, not necessarily increased police oversight.
ACAB

an approach that has seen me treated not only fairly but, on one occasion, allowed to keep a small amount of drugs due to the officers recognition that ignoring a 0.2 bag of gear would allow them to de - arrest me and avoid wasting 6 hours of their shift processing me through custody.
fuck me, first, sorry to hear about your mum. that is not on and i can't imagine how hurtful such behaviour must be from your own fucking mother.

but.... how is it 6 hours of their shift?!?? its the 5 mins to search and arrest you while supposedly responding to a call regarding your welfare, 20 mins to wymondham custody (timings may vary), then passed to a different officer for 15 mins processing, telling them you will definitely self harm while in the cells and having them do not a thing when you follow through, i guess photo and fingerprinting if you're new to them, then 10 hours in a cell because they are fucking arseholes. then 45 mins to wait for them to give you a lift back to norwich, another 20 mins drive to give you time to arrange to score. they usually take longer for their stop and chat at your house than it takes to search, arrest, and transport you to custody.

edit to add: come to think of it have known people get off way quicker than i did and even avoid arrest for hard drugs, and as ste said, be allowed to walk, but i still dispute that it takes a copper 6 hours to arrest you.

also on topic. ffs. they need to get a life. 'm sure that thousands of assaults took place in that time that they didn't bother investigating cos its easier to arrest people for weed.

Last edited by a moderator:
but.... how is it 6 hours of their shift?!??

I have only been in custody 4 times so I cannot comment on long these things take on average but the last time, I was arrested and Mirandized at approx 14.30 and bailed and released at about 20.00 - I remember this very clearly as having lost ,the drugs I had waited for for an hour, with my shift due to start at 14.00 the guy had only just arrived at that time, the main reason that I was caught being due to the lazy fuck waiting until he had about 30 shots to job lot, with the whole of Heath Town having watched the crowd gather. Being the only car driver I was the only customer targeted due to my inability to escape into the estate along with the rest and I have the distinct memory of leaving the station pissed of and knackered, in desperate need of the drugs the police confiscated as evidence I remember panicking with the dealers phone due to go off at 21.00, leaving me only an hour to walk the 2 miles back to my car and score more heroin, with my feeling fairly sick when I caught up with this crew outside a Pub about 20.45.

I was in the station a long time while the CPS discussed my repeat offending, the afternoon obviously not being long enough to decide hence the months unconditional bail. Apart from the 90 mins - 2 hours I was in a cell, the two arresting officers were with me the entire time.

I don’t care what country your in, you play nice til you get asked about drugs, be truthful to a fault up until that point but NEVER admit it.

The cops in my old hometown all knew me by name, they’d harass me, my family, I’ve got stopped by them alone more times than I can count. Guess who also has a clean record? *Knocks on wood.*

Also are you UK folk ready to say you’ve had enough? Go burn some box stores and flip some police cars ;)

-GC

I was in the station a long time while the CPS discussed my repeat offending, the afternoon obviously not being long enough to decide hence the months unconditional bail. Apart from the 90 mins - 2 hours I was in a cell, the two arresting officers were with me the entire time.
ok. i don't think that is usually the case. i think they usually drop you off then find some other poor junkie to arrest.