Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

wondering if MDMA or SSRI have changed something in me

magniloquentcunt

Bluelighter
Hello
About 4-5 Years ago i took my last MDMA, over the previous 2 years i had taken it about 5 times. Over that period of time i was also on the SSRI antidepressant fluoxetine.
I noticied pretty severe cognitive side effects that induced me to stop. Word recall, memory, speech fluency were partially compromised.
Over the past years it has all gotten much better but something has never been restored to what it was before:
the ability to visualize mentally a scene or an idea was totally gone. Also my ability to follow a discussion and mentally visualize the whole thing, typing it together and building a "vision" of the topic, was compromised.
this has never returned, i feel kind of an autopilot sensation when verbal inputs come to me and i cant figure out things precisely and have a precise image of the content.

I was wondering if this might be consequence of MDMA for others, or if its more of a SSRI induced thing. Probably both, since both mess with the same neurotransmitters... just wondering in which direction i have to search to find help:?

Long time user here. I do not notice any impairment in my ability to type, focus on a topic, visualize a topic, etc. I do notice that it is more difficult for me to retain auditory information. I prefer to read information. However, to be fair, I have a sister who has never used any drugs and she has the same absent mindedness with auditory information. So, whether it is related to the MDMA or just a genetic thing, I don't know.

Hello
About 4-5 Years ago i took my last MDMA, over the previous 2 years i had taken it about 5 times. Over that period of time i was also on the SSRI antidepressant fluoxetine.
I noticied pretty severe cognitive side effects that induced me to stop. Word recall, memory, speech fluency were partially compromised.
Over the past years it has all gotten much better but something has never been restored to what it was before:
the ability to visualize mentally a scene or an idea was totally gone. Also my ability to follow a discussion and mentally visualize the whole thing, typing it together and building a "vision" of the topic, was compromised.
this has never returned, i feel kind of an autopilot sensation when verbal inputs come to me and i cant figure out things precisely and have a precise image of the content.

I was wondering if this might be consequence of MDMA for others, or if its more of a SSRI induced thing. Probably both, since both mess with the same neurotransmitters... just wondering in which direction i have to search to find help:?

Truthully it could be because you take those 2 drugs together your Lufkin you didn't havta goto y he hospital for serotonin syndrom