• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wondering about people's experience and the proper way to use Xanax.

RainbowRite0

Greenlighter
This is the first time I've used Xanax in about 2 years, I remember it being alot of fun before so I was gunning to try it again. Finally after searching for awhile I successfully acquired some. I was wondering how to use it for its greatest effect, proper dosing, and others experiences on this drug.

I am prescribed 2.5 mg Xanax. I am only suppose to take it at night. Which I do, unless I am having a rough day. Which then I will take half a bar, and it makes the day go smoother. I don't use it recreationally anymore.
To addictive to do that. I already am dependent on it and other medications prescribed for sleep. Sleep I important to me, so I need no less than 2mg with my other nightly cocktails to sleep

OP, I suppose you're lucky in that you find alprazolam (Xanax) recreational, as most folks don't consider benzodiazepines to have recreational value when used independently of other substances. The guidelines for responsible use remain the same either way though. Seeing as how you already have experience with this drug, your best bet is to just consult your previous experiences for the most appropriate dose.

Like all substances, benzodiazepines affect everybody differently. Some people become significantly sedated at a dose of .5mg alprazolam, while others, like myself, require closer to 2mg for the same result. In my opinion the most imminently dangerous aspect of recreational benzodiazepine use is loss of inhibition/judgement. When experimenting with recreational doses, it can be pretty easy to blackout and get yourself into trouble, for example: driving a car, starting a fight, shoplifting, taking more drugs and the list goes on.

I've had many fucked up experiences which were the result of over-consumption of benzodiazepines. In almost all of these instances, I had not intended on getting fucked up. I had just wanted to take a pill to alleviate some of my anxiety.

If I were you, I would recommend taking .5mg - 1mg to start and wouldn't exceed 2mg, otherwise you're more liable to experience a blackout and the consequences thereof. Don't combine the alprazolam with alcohol or any other CNS depressants including opioids, unless you are completely confident in your ability to control yourself. Whatever you do, exercise caution and don't ever underestimate the power of benzodiazepines.

Don't ever use it for more than 2-3 days in a row , you can spread the dose out cause it has a short half life. Take .5 mgs at a time if it's been that long 1-2 mgs should fuck you up nice if its been 2 years, do not take 3-4 mgs...

simple use xan when really need it
what qualify's "when you really need it" ? well for me when my bp is through the roof and my bpm is over 120 and after 10 15 mins i still dont calm down i take it
don't use them to prevent anything either

i think of it as pulling the fire alarm not gonna pull that shit for no reason

simple use xan when really need it
what qualify's "when you really need it" ? well for me when my bp is through the roof and my bpm is over 120 and after 10 15 mins i still dont calm down i take it
don't use them to prevent anything either

i think of it as pulling the fire alarm not gonna pull that shit for no reason

What a perfect way to state thing 10/10