• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Withdrawing from butyr fentanyl, how long will this last???

ordinary mind

Bluelighter
I am currently trapped home from work in my parents house feigning illness while in fact I am withdrawing from 2g over 2 months daily butyr fent habit. I keep throwing up everything I eat, I am unable to get any loperamide or comfort meds, I'm expected back at work tomorrow... Tell it to me straight, how long will this last? Istopped dosing yesterday afternoon, and reached peak effects this morning. I hate this so much!

It varies from person to person but usually you will be over the worst in about a week. Most find that the symptoms peak at about day 3 and then get progressively better each day after that. After about 7-10 days you should be back to normal.

These figures apply to fast acting/short half-life opiates like fentanyl, morphine, oxycodone, heroin etc. The withdrawl timeline for longer acting drugs like methadone and buprenorphine is a lot more protracted unfortunately..

You're not the first to fall foul of these fentanyl analogues and you won't be the last.

However tempting it may be i would stay away from loperamide though. While it may temporarily relieve withdrawal in high doses it's only because it is an opioid agonist itself and you will have to withdraw from that too when you stop.....

You're better off just toughing it out and being free of opiates for good.

Hope you are feeling better soon bro.....

Those estimates are completly off for fentanyl analogues when they are not applied as a patch. Heck they are even on the long side for heroin.

5-6 days tops for fent and the worst should be over after dday 3 if you have been banging or smoking it.

Those estimates are completly off for fentanyl analogues when they are not applied as a patch. Heck they are even on the long side for heroin.

5-6 days tops for fent and the worst should be over after dday 3 if you have been banging or smoking it.

Lol! In what way are they 'completely off'?

I said that they would peak at day 3 (as have you) and would last about a week (you say 5--6 days) and that he should be 100% back to normal with no lingering effects after 7-10 . There's absolutely no way you can give a 100% accurate timeline but if 1-2 days is your idea of "completely off" then can I perhaps borrow your crystal ball?

Even for short acting fentanyl analogues the brain and endocrine system still need time to reset. Just because this drug is fast acting doesn't necessarily mean withdrawls are dramaticaly reduced. I've withdrawn from fentanyl prescribed for a malignant melanoma several times (buccal) and the withdrawls weren't that different from mophine.

Last edited:
Lol! In what way are they 'completely off'?

I said that they would peak at day 3 (as have you) and would last about a week (you say 5--6 days) and that he should be 100% back to normal with no lingering effects after 7-10 . There's absolutely no way you can give a 100% accurate timeline but if 1-2 days is your idea of "completely off" then can I perhaps borrow your crystal ball?

Even for short acting fentanyl analogues the brain and endocrine system still need time to reset. Just because this drug is fast acting doesn't necessarily mean withdrawls are dramaticaly reduced. I've withdrawn from fentanyl prescribed for a malignant melanoma several times (buccal) and the withdrawls weren't that different from mophine.

Lol I laughed so hard for some reason to the first part, yeah you are right though, and you guys gave roughly the same estimates on wd time

Lol I laughed so hard for some reason to the first part, yeah you are right though, and you guys gave roughly the same estimates on wd time

Lol! Perhaps he's just really, really, really accurate. :)

OK maybe I was exaggerating but a day goes by awfully slow when you are dope sick , in fact it feels like a week a bit like dog years. So giving someone the high ballpark estimate could be demotivational enough for one to relapes.
Also your figures coincide with those for heroin (one rarely feels sick after day 9) which is a short-medium duration opiod when used IV or smoked , so it seems to me there should be difference.

I am experienced with both fent and heroin withdrawal , although not this particular fent analogue

Well its got a short half life so its not as bad as like lets say morphine.

Should be out of you quick, suppose it depends on how long you been using opiates.

I remember wanting that shit even when I had rx for some heavy duty pain meds.

I will say this cuz I don't want what happened to me to happen to anyone. Be careful using that shit during wd, really easy to umm die or almost die.

It really isn't the best opiate to be on, I liked it and all, but fuck I like living too so if you gonna use it stick to protocol but yeah a week.

Its not like coming off heroin, morphine, or oxy for that matter. Its easier than that. I would take some immodium to stop shitting. As far as eating protein shakes are a good way to stop shitting and get something in you.

I have trouble eating as it is, so I dunno. The throwing up shit shouldn't last more than a week for heavier stuff ime. I never puked over that stuff and I was doing probably a lil more than you are now.

It is heavy duty in its own way. It was like opiate crack to me cuz I kept redosing. I smoked a lil bit like every half and hour. I did it to cut costs of my habit finacially. I prefered af, don't ask me why, its weaker but I found it pretty pleasant cuz it was safer most likely.

Still dangerous shit. I wouldn't let my friends do it without suggesting I dunno heroin.

Christ, I was thinking it would start to decline after 48 hours, 3 days with a week plus of symptoms is intense. I've basically been lying in bed for 26 hours, what the hell do people do with themselves?

I usually watch like a decent tv program during wds.

Watched Shameless UK twice kicking off and that is like 12 seasons so yeah quite a few kicks.

I went cold turkey alot when I was younger but each kick is worse than the last and it does get crippling.

The last one was hard. I had to take care of myself through it like cooking soup when I couldnt hardly stand. Drinking a couple cups of coffee to take a shower.

Christ, I was thinking it would start to decline after 48 hours, 3 days with a week plus of symptoms is intense. I've basically been lying in bed for 26 hours, what the hell do people do with themselves?
It will start to decline very rapidly after 72 hours don't worry if you are used to heroin withdrawal it's a cakewalk duration wise

P.s music really helps pass time

You want to have experienced high dose long term methadone consumption withdrawls mate.

Imagine feeling like that for a couple of months...

I know there are plenty of people that have it worse than me, but this is my first proper taste of opioid withdrawal, and it is fucking my world up...

Hang in there. It will subside soon(tm). Can you get anything to comfort yourself? Lyrica or Neurontin does wonders and your GP can prescribe these.

Oxycodone isn't fent analogue but I have quitted CT from ~250mg daily doses and it has always been less than week for the physical withdrawals and it peaked on third day.

I think the worst of the symptoms are beginning to subside mercifully, I think I must be approaching the 72 hour mark by 6 pm today. I haven't been able to sleep a wink the last 2 nights, and didn't get much sleep on the Monday night either... is it likely that tonight will be the night I can start getting some sleep, even if it is crap sleep? I am hoping I will be fit for work tomorrow, but will need some sleep if that is going to happen. Thanks for all the support in this thread, I was really freaking out when I made it and until today haven't properly read the replies fully due to blurred vision using my phone, but what I did manage to read during that time was very helpful lol. Haven't been able to get any comfort meds during this, been literally the worst time.

Should probs also mention I had been taking kratom prior to this 2 months around the start of the year, several times daily and basically swapped that habit for 6/7+ unweighed doses of butyr fent a day, and I've literally shat myself since starting this post, great stuff.

I doubt I will, but if I get a chance to pick up some Imodium today, would my withdrawals be extended and by how long? I took 2 boxes Monday night and nothing since

Sorry for the multiple posts but I feel compelled to tell someone how much better I am feeling by the hour. Thanks so much for the replies. If someone could chime in regarding how long it normally takes to resume sleep, both short term shit sleep and long term normal sleep patterns, I think that would answer all my questions. I'm calling this hour 68, with massively noticeable improvement in symptoms and mood. I eventually managed to stop moping in bed and found some tv and music in the sun has gone down a treat, so cheers for those tips. Still not eaten much, but had the occasional slice of toast and some grapes, plus plenty water over the last day. Not as scared about not being able to use as I thought id be, but I'll maybe wait a few more days to assess that. Cheers blue light, you've been a blast.

Edit: Aaaand I've given myself a smashing sunburn for going back to work tomorrow lol. Still feeling pretty optimistic at the moment @ 72hrs.

Last edited: