• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Withdrawals

StalinsLipstick

Greenlighter
I posted a thread not too long ago about running out of clonazepam (klonopin) and I was worried about the withdrawals and wondered if alprazolam (xanax) would help qualm the withdrawals. No one could give me an answer but speaking from experience, the answer is yes AND no. Yes in the sense it will bind to your GABA receptor and combat anxiety, mood swings, seizures etc. but no in the sense that alprazolam is short acting and you'll need to dose more often throughout the day to keep the withdrawals at bay. In short: fuck those people who told me it wouldn't work because it did. So if you're ever in a predicament that was similar to mine just know that ANY benzo will combat withdrawals of other benzos but it's best to not get to the point of dependency and if you do, try longer acting benzos such as diazepam and clonazepam as the half life is fairly long. Also Valerian Root is a natural supplement that can be found at most grocery stores/health shops (also cheap) and scientists do believe it binds to the GABA receptor so that should also take SOME of the edge off the WDs. Coffee and sugar in general should also be avoided during WDs btw as it will cause a lot of activity that the brain may not be able to handle in a deprived state. Stay safe everyone! =D

People have different levels of knowledge they probably just didn't know that those drugs fall into a class called benzodiazepines and how they interact with receptor in your brain.

Btw rapid discontinuation of any benzo increases your risk of seizures and valerian is not considered an effective way of preventing seizures if that is a concern depending on how long and how much benzos u used.

Yeah any benzo will stop withdrawl from any benzo the dose may change depending on the drugs potency to each other though

Absolutely the Xanax would take you out of withdrawal.. it'll even give you better RELIEF than the Klonopin.. since it's the same strength but kicks in much harder and faster since it's shorter acting.. You'll just need to dose more throughout the day with the switch to Xanax.

Of course it'll stop the withdrawal, it's a benzo just as clonazepam. The affinities for the different GABA-A subunits and potency won't be the same but an equpotent dosage will stop the withdrawals