• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawals from Oxy?

D3838

Greenlighter
If one took oxycodone and or hydrocodone in large doses (about 30-100 mg) only once daily at night for a couple of weeks straight and also on and off for months before that will one see withdrawal symptoms when stopping cold turkey?

Edit: it has been about 36 hours since last dosage and only diarrhea is being experienced. Will it get much worse?

Last edited:
Yes youre most definitely experiencing a mild withdrawal. Take immodium, and try to get some sleep. It should pass in a couple days. I would also advise spacing your dosages out

Will it get worse? Has one been using long enough to experience emotional withdrawals?

Edit: I wasn't sure if by not taking anything during the day and only at night if that makes a difference in the withdrawals

While it is impossible to say if it will get worse, many including myself find that 48-72 hours is when the worst symptoms begin. I hope this isnt true as I wish it on no one, but be prepared.

Thanks for the responses. Worst symptoms as in physical mental or both?

Both. But if you can withstand or treat the physical, it makes the mental less rough.

So even if Only diarrhea is presenting itself not it could get much worse? And even though it wasn't being used to get out of bed in the morning

the physical WD are the worst irritability, the squirts, the chills, when i went through it it felt like an intense flu and food poisoning together could be different from your exp
far as mental more anxiety than anything
if you have a benzodiazepine it will help for the mental WD and Imodium for the squirts
all that will subside within a weeks worth
48 to 72 hrs after your last dose will most likely be the strongest WD after that it will be downhill
stay hydrated( pedilyte) and eat as much as you can muster
just take it easy and let your body recover

Thanks for the responses. Doesn't seem to make a difference that they were taken only at night and not throughout the day? Once again hope the WD aren't too bad.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter the time of day OP. What matters more is the frequency of dosing. This is how I understand it (I'm not a doctor just speaking from experience and what I've learned from others). You've got person A and person B.

Person A: doses 10mg 4x a day. A total of 40mg/24hrs.
Person B: doses 40 mg 1x a day. A total of 40mg/24 hrs.

Person A will go into withdrawal sooner than person B. They will also experience a more severe withdrawal condensed into a shorter time frame.

Person B will take longer to go into withdrawal (no way to tell exact numbers). They will also experience a less severe withdrawal spread out over a longer timeframe.

Now obviously these aren't the only deciding factors for a person's withdrawal timeline but hopefully that helped answer your question. When you spread your doses out over long periods of time you're kinda training your brain to hold onto the opis filling your receptors. When you dose constantly (as I do) and your receptors are full up it tells your brain you can let go of the opis sooner because a new supply is coming in shortly. Like I said I'm no Neuro scientist but I've read this info from the like and many other well educated BLers.

As for your withdrawals personally, I think you're damn near outta the woods and it will only get better from here. If the runs are coming on at the 36 hr mark you shouldn't get much worse if at all. The runs hit me about 7-8 hrs after my dose and it's my first symptom.

I understand. Even more info the runs started about 12 hours after the last dose they were just still prevalent at the 36 hour mark. More scared than anything and worried about emotional withdrawals. There also haven't been any other symptoms I've read about other places except maybe the chills but not worse than fever chills by any means.

Dont worry about emotional withdrawals yet, because a lot of people who become dependent on pain meds have tapered off and not been mentally addicted to them. Worrying about them will just make any minor anxiety worse.The fact that you had it in your head that it wasnt an addiction can sometimes mean that you wont have much of a mental withdrawal because you werent taking it to mask some bad emotional problem (as far as i know at least).

Just focus on how to treat your physical withdrawal symptoms, and if its not completely necessary, i would avoid benzos at all costs as i have seen way too many people use them for withdrawals and then get addicted to them to replace the addiction they had with opiates, or to complement their opiate addiction. Just get through it and try your best to stay off of it. Because this is your first time going through withdrawals, you have a much better shot at not relapsing, so take advantage of that and steer clear of any regular use. If youre going to use it at all, drop it to once a week, twice max in my opinion. And try not to use it for sleep anymore as that will make it that much more difficult when you withdrawal because youll be dependent on them to sleep as well.

Sleep has been the hardest part. How long do the restless legs last?

72hours usually. If you mix lemon juice with tonic water, it should take care of that pretty well though

Thanks y'all have been a lot of help. It's been about 65 hours and the attitude has made a complete 180 just randomly flipped like a switch. really hoping the good attitude stays. Stomach not 100 percent but that can be dealt with.

Eat a banana my friend! Potassium Helps me (and others) tons with restless legs. And I'm not trying to be a buzzkill but be prepared for mood swings. You're strapping into the roller coaster. It will get better and better each passing day. Since its your first time you may rebound faster than most. Just try to stay as far away as possible from them. Someone told me one time during full blown withdrawal. He said: "You never have to do this ever again."

How long would mood swings last for someone that took the pills like this?

I have some APO 80's Canadian crushables. I usually use light amounts of heroin to get through a long boring shift. I only use every other day lightly. anyway someone said to use Oxys instead to get the consistency. I've been doing bumps and I can feel a thing. Nothing. nada. zilch. This sucks.

How much of one 80 should I do to at least notice something ? a whole quarter ?