• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawal Questions

Eggsandbacon

Greenlighter
Ive been on 10mg of Oxycodone every 4-6 hours for ten years. I stopped taking them 6 days ago. It's obvious that the worst is behind me. My question is if my long term withdrawals will be easier since it was a smaller dose compared to most. My only two issues left are low energy and insomnia. Based on my dosage how do you think this will go for me?

Sure, the smaller dose you take, the easier wd becomes. I suggest you do a search for "paws", this is post acute withdrawal, and has entirely different symptoms than acute withdrawal, it becomes more of a psycological thing, rather than physical. These symptoms can last months, and vary greatly from one person to the next.

- Hopeless 7nos

It will go good and should dissipate soon. You will still have residual, noticeable symptoms for quite a bit though. Try some supplements like N acetyl l tyrosine and sulbutiamine for your low energy. And there are things like cheated magnesium, valerian extracts, kava, magnolia bark extract, you can try for your insomnia. There are things as well. I'm just too tired to think right, as of right now, as I've been up for nearly two days. Others will come up with some good things.

EDIT: OH FUCK: Sorry about this: I meant to edit my post but instead I filled out the post quick reply. so sorry! :( Don't delete this one though - if you do delete one, delete the previous one please, as this is the one I edited.

^ You can delete the other one, in the edit mode, to save the confusion.

-HS

Everything is relative, but in the grand scheme of things, your dosages weren't that high so you wouldn't expect to experience a Hollywood-esque type of withdrawal, complete with hallucinations, but I'm sure it was uncomfortable due to the length of time that you were taking it. What you're experiencing now is generally referred to as Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrom or PAWS for short and it's the phase of withdrawal after the acute period of severe discomfort and sickness in which people often are apathetic, depressed, weak, anxious etc.

It's hard to predict how long this sort of thing is going to last for you personally, but in my experience, it just takes a few months of sobriety and cleanliness for you to start getting back some of your ability to feel pleasure and your energy. It just takes time. I know that it's a shitty situation, but it will only get better if you're able to stay away from Opioids. PAWS is rough and is actually the reason why I find myself back on Methadone, so I give you credit for being able to stay clean.