• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Withdrawal Question

417slush

Bluelighter
So here I am again withdrawing from a 60Mg a day Hydrocodone habit. I made it to 48 hours and stupidly took 200mg of Tramadol. Do you guys think that completely nullified the last 48 hours? Sad thing is all it did was get rid of my headache, still feel like shit.

Hey @417slush :)

Don't worry. These things happen. No withdrawal is ever done perfectly and very few get it right without trying a dozen times. You're right, when you use Opioids during withdrawal, you set yourself back disproportionately. It's something you need to try your best to avoid at all costs.

I've always been a proponent of using drugs from different classes during withdrawal. I recommend Gabapentinoids like Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Pregabalin (Lyrica) as some of the most tried and true withdrawal aids, specifically for withdrawing from Opioids, but I'm sure they're effective to some extent in withdrawing from sedative/hypnotics like Alcohol or Benzodiazepines. Speaking of Benzodiazepines, there's nothing wrong with throwing some of those into the mix as well. As long as this usage is limited to two weeks at the most, you shouldn't have to worry about dependence or withdrawal. If you want advice in this regard, you can find it all over the forums or feel free to ask us.

This is far from a science, but if you're looking for an estimate, doing something like you did with the Tramadol is probably going to set you back an entire day in terms of your recovery. That has always been my experience. Use once, you get set back, use twice, you're set back more and use three times and you're pretty much back to square one. This has been my experience and I believe I share it with many other Opioid-dependent folks.

It doesn't mean you should give up, but learn from it and remember the relief that you got from the Tramadol was not worth it.

It won't fuck with it too bad, you're essentially doing a really strange taper plan at that point. It was a fluke but it doesn't mean you should change course, keep up on your progress man. Congrats on going clean

Thanks for the replies. I actually feel a bit better today than I did yesterday. I'm hoping it's not because of the Tramadol still in my system from yesterday. It's been almost 24 hours since I took it so I would think the withdrawals would be back in full force by now. Normally for me I physically feel quite a bit better after the 3rd day. I luckily( or not) usually only get enough Hydrocodone to stay on it for a week or two and then have to withdrawal from it so my habit doesn't get too out of hand. I really feel for people who are on stuff where the withdrawal lasts for weeks or months. I'm not sure I could handle that.

Thanks for the replies. I actually feel a bit better today than I did yesterday. I'm hoping it's not because of the Tramadol still in my system from yesterday. It's been almost 24 hours since I took it so I would think the withdrawals would be back in full force by now. Normally for me I physically feel quite a bit better after the 3rd day. I luckily( or not) usually only get enough Hydrocodone to stay on it for a week or two and then have to withdrawal from it so my habit doesn't get too out of hand. I really feel for people who are on stuff where the withdrawal lasts for weeks or months. I'm not sure I could handle that.
Megadoses of vitamin C have been proven to ameliorate or abolish withdrawal symptoms during opiate withdrawal.

I know it sounds crazy but it's absolutely true.

Effective doses range from 2 to 3,000 mg three times a day. Up to as much as 1-2 grams every hour.

Vitamin C is non-toxic, and new formulations such as liposomal vitamin C. Don't give you diarrhea.

Once again I am 100% serious. You can go online and look it up if you don't believe me.

I quit tramadol 200mg daily for about 5-6months about 10-11 days ago using dihydrocodeine 30mg - I felt I needed to take around 10 daily to feel better. One of my symptoms that hasn't gone away since stopping the tramadol is excruciating headaches to the point I can barely open my eyes or move my head another symptom that hasn't gone away is how tense I am and usually my bed is very comfortable but if I lie on my side I wake up barely being able to walk and stuff like that due to my hips digging in to a spring - but before withdrawals and before I was even on the painkillers my bed is great it's brand new and the comfiest I've had so I definitely don't think it's the springs it just feels like it. I can barely walk upstairs/downstairs without feeling like my heart's about to explode and I'm also blowing my nose and loads of blood is there constantly. Also I've got like a rash too which I've never heard of before. I'm a little worried to say the least. Also I have no dihydrocodeine left now and can't get anymore. Don't even feel well enough to go to the shop and do a cwe.I last took one last night about 8pm and had 7x30mg in total yesterday... Can anyone tell me what to expect? Like a rough timeline and any thoughts on the headaches/nose bleeds
Thank u 💗

Last edited: