• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids withdrawal question methadone

blackmarket91

Bluelighter
im curious if someones been clean for 100 days from methadone if they took it once if it would reset them back into withdrawal

probably not. but id be super cautious with the dose, and if possible not use at all..... that said if you are determined to use id say start small. if you are 100 days clean id say start at maybe 5 - 7.5 mg tops

i dont plan to but shit happens and im curious what would happen at this point if it would reset me back to july when i first got off it

No, 1 use won't reset back to day 1. But after a slight rebound will eventually be back to where you are now. You will definitely feel something from even using 1 time. Reason being is you will feel relief from taking it and then come back down when it wears off.

Last edited:
Do not take 100mg, you will possibly OD.

No, 1 use won't reset back to day 1. But after a slight rebound will eventually be back to where you are now. You will definitely feel something from even using 1 time. Reason being is you will feel relief from taking it and then come back down when it wears off.

when you say rebound im curious if it would make me almost incapable of going to the gym working out ect

Do not take 100mg, you will possibly OD.

they said 100 days, not 100 mg, thought id point that out. but obviously, yes do not take 100 mg or really anywhere near what your maintenance dose was, unless you tapered down to 1 mg before jumping off. but id again say dont exceed anything past 5- 7.5 mg to be safe

Depends on your history too.

What I mean by rebound is slight acute. Temperature, heart racing, some rls / anxiety. You will feel something from it. Depends how much you use and how many times.

Depends on your history too.

What I mean by rebound is slight acute. Temperature, heart racing, some rls / anxiety. You will feel something from it. Depends how much you use and how many times.
so u feel even a one time use could do it to me?

i have weird history i never did other opiates realy i was getting just methadone from someone then eventually just went to a clinic so i was never addicted to other opiates just had a physical dependency to methadone

ya, also ive noticed something of a perma tolerance that seems to linger with opioids/benzos and even psychedelics after one has abused them for any length of time. even when i was totally detoxed off high dose benzos and been clean for 4 years, i could still take slightly higher doses then someone who was totally benzo naive. e.g. I could take 4 mg of clonazepam without blacking out, though id feel good, but i wouldnt get heavy amnesiac effects like someone with zero tolerance would get. so i think a little bit of tolerance stays around, not a super amount, but just a little bit, I've observed the same in people i know with opioids. friends released from jail etc. they always use much less than when they had a full blown habit but often still can handle a tad more than someone who had never touched an opioid.

for harm reduction id say use like 10% of your original dose .if you used to IV 100 mg of morphine and went clean for 100 days id say start no higher than 10 mg IV....... methadone id say go a little less like 5% of your old dose and see how it goes

Interesting history.

After you been hooked on opiates, you will feel them always wear off (sweating, etc). Especially long term and after methadone. You have to try it and see. If you already made it 100 days you can try and little and see. Won't reset you to day 1, but will put a bump in the road if you are looking for 1 year clean feeling.

Interesting history.

After you been hooked on opiates, you will feel them always wear off (sweating, etc). Especially long term and after methadone. You have to try it and see. If you already made it 100 days you can try and little and see. Won't reset you to day 1, but will put a bump in the road if you are looking for 1 year clean feeling.

hmm well i only started to feel normal around 3 weeks ago tbh so as long as it wont bring me back to before now as far as feeling

got bunch responses saying id b ok i took some sunday around 10 am its almost mid night here now wednesday i think its safe to say ill be fine with 1 use

completely out of curiosity how come you decided to take some methadone after being clean so long? no judgement whatsoever i came off suboxone 6 months ago and would be terrified to take some. or another opiate. purely because i know i can't handle "one time". it always progresses from there.

completely out of curiosity how come you decided to take some methadone after being clean so long? no judgement whatsoever i came off suboxone 6 months ago and would be terrified to take some. or another opiate. purely because i know i can't handle "one time". it always progresses from there.

hard t explain and prob sounds retarded which is why i wanted t make sure id be ok is i wanted to take it once again just once t prove its not what i wanted and i did i took it and didnt care for it so now i know id never wana do it again

i can use once i feel if i go on a bender its completely due to self control i could keep taking it now if i wanted but have no desire to

sounds like it taught you what you wanted it to. good stuff keep fighting the good fight.