• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Withdrawal from oxy 60-80mg/day

nattyfckface

Greenlighter
First time poster here, looking for some advice and encouragement.

10yr usage of mainly oxycodone (IR and ER) from the doctor, oral only thanks to an injury. Started realizing recently I didn't want to be taking this forever, and often times would wake up in the morning feeling withdrawal symptoms already (last dose would have been 5 or 6PM). Most recent usage (say last 12 months) is entirely IR taking 10mg 5-8 times/day.

So I decided to stop cold turkey with the only assistance on hand being gabapentin which i've been taking 900mg/day (300mg 3x/day). First 12 hrs sucked, next 12 were so-so and now i'm at 36hrs and honestly feel better.

Is it possible the physical symptoms are over that fast? I expected to wake up today feeling horrible, so this is a strange change of events. Encouraging even.

I get that the psychological symptoms can last a very long time. Curious if others get over the physical ones this fast or if the worst is yet to come??

thanks!

I hope you make it through with no withdrawals

I was (and am trying to break) about a 15-20 pill a day habit of mix oxys and hydros, it’s about a 10 year habit. My symptoms are very predictable.
Day one, exhaustion and no appetite
Day two, same as day one plus diarrhea and runny nose
Day three, somewhat less symptoms of day one and two, but I start sneezing like crazy. Day three I am also an emotional wreck...just wanting time feel normal again.
Day four physical symptoms get better, but have intense cravings

Thanks and good luck to you.

Update here: Day 3 and I feel pretty good honestly. Day 1 sucked, Day 2 sucked a little less but I made it. Gabapenin helped for sure. Haven't really had any cravings yet.

I'm really surprised it's not worse but I guess I'm lucky this time.

The weird thing is I usually wake up starting to feel withdrawal symptoms until I take my 1st AM dose. Today I woke up feeling relatively normal. Yay!