• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawal from 20mg oxycodone

Stuck_x

Bluelighter
What can be expected? I know in comparison to others this seems a tiny amount, but when you've gone through withdrawal several times the thought is daunting.

Has anyone quit from this amount? Is tapering further suggested?

Love and Light

I've tapered to approximately 3mg every 8-12hrs and still experienced the classic withdrawal symptoms. Starts with sniffing/sneezing and yawning for me. Then restlessness, chills, sweating, diarrhea, etc. I've never found a painless way to detox, even with extensive tapering, but it definitely helps. The lower you jump from the less intense and less prolonged the withdrawal but it's still gonna be there, especially for long term users. After a decade+ of opiod use my brain does not know how to function effectively without it. The lack of motivation, depression, and anxiety are worse than any physical symptoms for me.

If you have some gabapentin or benzos they will help a lot. Look up the Thomas method for supplements that make a difference, too. Depending on how long you've been using, this time and overall, it may not be as bad as you're expecting but definitely make sure you have a few free days to recuperate. Gentle exercise, hot showers, and staying hydrated will make things a little easier, too.

How long youve been on that dose is almost just as important as the dose. If u can taper do that otherwise, I think in 8 days after quitting you should be feeling 60%-70% yourself again. [I noticed oxys at heavier doses than urs, that it took till day 5-6 for the gastrointestinal cramps to settle down]. Everyone is different tho

Vitamin C and lots of it. And lope if u wanna keep ur guts together. But go light and read about lope (it being a opiate etc).

Thank you for replying. I read a lot about gabapentin & clonadine but theyre not prescribed from the drug clinics here and the GP doesnt have anything to do with recovery etc. I think i had a minor withdrawal from benzos about a month ago so thats out of the question. I was considering either low doses of codeine or high doses of loperamide & tapering... Ive always gone the subetex route in the past but ended up on maintenance a couple of times & dont fancy the weeks of fatigue that follows.

I feel much like you in I dont feel I function correctly without them but they mess up my hormones and having a family is something that I really want so they have to go. I have generally been using my dose between 9am-2pm & not using the rest of the day/night in the hope that my brain has a bit of time to repair in the hours following, though im not sure it works that way.

Love and Light x

Only a couple of weeks, but daily doses have ranged between 20-80mg.

i started back on the H in January, smoking up to 4 bags a day. After about 6 weeks decided enough was enough and done a 1 week rapid subutex detox after which i was taking crumbs when absolutely necessary. I went 5 days clean & stupidly started on the oxys cause of the depression. I'm dealing with a bereavement right now too...

I have gone through withdrawal a few times, oxy is something ive never used before though so i guess its the fear of the unknown

Love and light

We are our biggest critic stuck_x, no need to be hard on yourself. just take it one day at a time. Depression is no joke, I point out to my gf that when I get emotionally low (not often) that I will be in the same financial, academic, relationship position as before. But the perspective on life can make all the difference. The depressed person doesnt see the pros, just the cons vice versa for a happy person.