• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids withdrawal fast with self admin. of Narcan?

Everyone posting so far seems to be of the mindset that there is nothing that can shorten your withdrawals which I don't believe is correct. Maintaining a consistent high level of an antagonist like naloxone over a period of six to eight hours at the onset of regular withdrawal symptoms will indeed condense the symptoms of the first three to five days of regular withdrawal into that time period. There may be some of the longer lasting symptoms and PAWS afterwords but the more acute aspect will be over.

but what evidence do you have that thats the case? i think most people were of that mindset because theres simply no evidence that supports naloxone/naltrexone condensing the length of withdrawal. if that was in some way effective, surely it would be prescribed in detox regimens, wouldnt it? this is my first post in years. good to be back. also, BALLLLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

yours,
jim

but what evidence do you have that thats the case? i think most people were of that mindset because theres simply no evidence that supports naloxone/naltrexone condensing the length of withdrawal. if that was in some way effective, surely it would be prescribed in detox regimens, wouldnt it? this is my first post in years. good to be back. also, BALLLLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

yours,
jim

I think you're missing the fact that it IS prescribed in detox regimens, specifically the rapid detox programs as discussed.

The symptoms are so mind-shatteringly severe, though, that it can only be done under general anesthesia, which is why it not prescribed in general, conscious detox programs. Google the Waismann method of rapid detox for more information.

Its important to note that this condenses a lot of the physical withdrawal symptoms, but the psychological addiction aspect has to be addressed as well or relapse is likely.

The Cap is right. I shot 8mg of suboxone after dosing, and even though I was starting to feel dope sick I got a bad case of PWD. I was on the ground crying like a little girl, screaming like a child, and wishing I was dead.

Alright. There are a lot of great posts here. But OCitchy...I'm stoked you're going to rehab. It's necessary if you're serious about quitting. People will disagree with me on this, but opiate kicks are the easiest of almost all the pyschoactive drugs avaliable. Yes, the kick sucks if you're a heavy user but letting your body recover on its own its absolutely necessary. Do not take Narcan. You will feel hell. If this is a legitimate clinic, they will likely provide suboxone sublingual wafers. It's a 50% mix of buperenorphine (agonist/antagonist), and Narcan (full antagonist). The combination is good because it allows an easier comedown and it still stimulates the opiate receptors your body is used to using with H. It will still be painful.

Do not use methadone. It's nearly as addictive as H, but with a longer half life...which is the only benefit of using it. That said, you need to go to special methadone clinics for that, which cost plenty. A regular rehab facility should be partially covered by insurance if you have it. If you don't, I recommend going cold turkey. H has an extremely short half life which means your kick will be shorter, though more potent, as well. It's painful, but you have to consider that your use was your decision (no judgments) and that you may have to pay a short-lived price for it.

Withdrawls are difficult because they are painful so we seek out easier ways of getting through them with more prescriptions. Unfortunately, I can speak from an addicts perspective that being given something less potent will only tempt you to abuse it to achieve the euphoria you miss. Have the courage to do it cold turkey and don't commit yourself to an in-patient institution. The experience of being treated like a drug addict can sometimes add to the anxiety you will feel.

No. It would not work. It would just put you in PWD's and youd still have to go through your regular withdrawals unless you have some subs. Otherwise like they say. You do the crime you do the time.. But once the pain is over you feel like a brand new person.
I had just had a few months clean off iv heroin and relapsed on roxies which i also started shooting and have been struggling hard since jan . This morning actually i took about 1mg of iv suboxone and let me tell you actually nodding and i dosed like 1 1/2- 2 hrs ago. Its so weird. But good luck and stay strong. it gets better after the few weeks of pain