• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawal+Conversion help oxycodone to buprenorphine

^ Yes, However for wd start with 2, wait several minutes, tgen 1-2 more

Then wait at least ~40 minutes to redose, buprenorphine has a slow to intermediate onset, and delayed peak

You may be surprised at the dose, I took like 1-2ng years ago, and *maybe* a small redose, I was like “Whoa!”

Yes, report back

I see this is an older thread but I want to share my experience with both Bupe po and transdermal. I have chronic pain, had been taking Percocet 10mg 5-6x daily, soma 350mg. And still experiencing pain. On the side I’d also score 40mg oxy er, so daily my intake was at least 140-150mg Oxycodone, my PM dr assumes I was only taking the amount she Rx’d so she converted that to being equivalent to 15mcg. I’ve done every procedure, no help. So I finally gave into the Butrans patch 15mcg/hr. I have zero pain!!! The break through pain I do have is controlled with a norco 5mg...Butrans insert states if you take more than 80mg of ir opiates that the patch is not for you, it won’t control pain. Therefore it probably won’t touch your wd symptoms...
when I was pregnant my md switched me to Subutex 8mg daily. I couldn’t take that much!! It made me sick I took mayyybe 2mg every other day... when no longer pregnant they wouldn’t approve my Subutex anymore for “pain” it would take at least 3 Percs to get me stable out of feeling w/d from them.

Yes the initial administration takes up to two days for the full effect to occur, I am nauseous when it does occur but I’ll deal with that if I can use one patch to make up for 3-12 opiate pills a day...
the route of administration ex. Oral/transdermal makes a huge difference.

The Subutex at that dose is high enough for w/d to not occur.
The patches are used more for pain control at the low mcg doses they offer.

Idk if any of this helps but that’s my experience, now I hope all went well. Let us know.